PDA

View Full Version : Break In

Greg O
07-21-2015, 04:19 PM
I have just about 300 miles on my bike now, only because we have had alot of rain here in the Chicagoland area. I have not been very gentle with my new bike. I have hit 80 + mph a few times and I have been banging through the gears pretty fast. Maybe it's just me but it seems like my drive train is noisier than it was when it was brand new. Is this normal,should I take it a little easier on it until I get more miles on it.

dickiedeals
07-21-2015, 04:36 PM
I have just about 300 miles on my bike now, only because we have had alot of rain here in the Chicagoland area. I have not been very gentle with my new bike. I have hit 80 + mph a few times and I have been banging through the gears pretty fast. Maybe it's just me but it seems like my drive train is noisier than it was when it was brand new. Is this normal,should I take it a little easier on it until I get more miles on it.

Check the following Thread on this Forum, Honda on the final Drive issue, Sorry I haven't learned how to link you to it....Dickie

Steve 0080
07-21-2015, 11:59 PM
Seems to me the drive train breaks in at about 10K...noises are softer and fuel consumption is lower...you can just here it! In the mean time ride it as hard as you like and do the maintenance .....