PDA

View Full Version : Yeti installed.

okiedoc
07-23-2015, 08:33 AM
15352Leaving for Denver this afternoon, spending the night in Kenton, OK, at the Black Mesa bed and breakfast. Just got the cooling vests, it's going to hit around 100 this afternoon in the panhandle with a chance of showers. The bike is clean, fluids topped off and we are ready to roll. Saturday we watch the big boys drag race at Bandimere racetrack, NHRA:icon_biggrin:

Elroy
07-23-2015, 08:37 AM
That set-up looks very slick. Enjoy your trip!

stepbill
07-23-2015, 09:34 AM
15352Leaving for Denver this afternoon, spending the night in Kenton, OK, at the Black Mesa bed and breakfast. Just got the cooling vests, it's going to hit around 100 this afternoon in the panhandle with a chance of showers. The bike is clean, fluids topped off and we are ready to roll. Saturday we watch the big boys drag race at Bandimere racetrack, NHRA:icon_biggrin:

Nice set up! What kind of trailer is that?

okiedoc
07-23-2015, 10:11 AM
Nice set up! What kind of trailer is that?
It is called a Blade, from Time Out Trailers. It is a nice pulling trailer but you may want to upgrade the safety chains. The trailer came "uncoupled" from the bike when I brought it home because the nut on the ball was not tightened when the dealership installed it. The hooks on the safety chains both pulled straight and my brand new trailer hit a building. Silver lining, I have a matching trailer now that the dealership was good enough to pay for. They treated me right and I am happy with the set up, and my new stronger safety chains.

Fla_rider
07-23-2015, 06:37 PM
A Yeti 110 iced down with silver bullet!

Pap
07-23-2015, 06:57 PM
Nice set-up! I like the black pipes too!

Steve 0080
07-24-2015, 12:18 AM
"The hooks on the safety chains both pulled straight and my brand new trailer hit a building. Silver lining, I have a matching trailer now that the dealership was good enough to pay for."

This may be by design...I know of some truck drivers that pull mobile homes for a living...they cut their chains 3/4 of they way thru and fill will soder, so they "look" OK...but if the trailer comes off they want it to leave all the way and not flip the truck!!!

I do not agree with this , just repeating what I was told!

SmallPasture
07-24-2015, 07:20 AM
Just got the cooling vests,

Nice setup ya got there Okie! Have a safe cool trip!

Which cooling vest did you get?

SmallPasture
07-24-2015, 07:21 AM
This may be by design...I know of some truck drivers that pull mobile homes for a living...they cut their chains 3/4 of they way thru and fill will soder, so they "look" OK...but if the trailer comes off they want it to leave all the way and not flip the truck!!!

+1... I've heard this more than once!

okiedoc
07-27-2015, 05:53 PM
Nice setup ya got there Okie! Have a safe cool trip!

Which cooling vest did you get?
The vests were from a company called Fly Street. When we used the ice water in the cooler they were great. I told my wife we need to rig up a rack for the receiver hitch so we can mount the YETI without the trailer. The vests work great under 95 degrees, less so the higher it got but they still helped.

Amipro
07-27-2015, 09:25 PM
Nice looking trailer.
Have fun at Bandimere. If you haven't been there before, the sound is amazing as it bounces off of the mountain.

okiedoc
07-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Nice looking trailer.
Have fun at Bandimere. If you haven't been there before, the sound is amazing as it bounces off of the mountain.You are right on there. We were a little late getting to the track Sunday and they ran the top fuel dragsters while we were walking up. It sounded incredible. We did the finish line VIP tent this time and it was great. Our goal is to make it to all the tracks. So far Ennis, Vegas and Denver.