PDA

View Full Version : Paint issue questions

bbqman151
07-24-2015, 08:33 AM
I do not own a F6B...YET. I am looking at them hard though. I have read a lot about the paint issues. Has Honda straightened this out yet? And also, is the paint on the Matte Silver ones the same way?

Steve 0080
07-24-2015, 08:36 AM
The Matte Silver is a whole other animal... the paint issue was conquered by many with Liquid Glass, from ...do a search....many,many pages written on the subject.

SmallPasture
07-24-2015, 12:45 PM
I've never had any issue w/ the Yellow. That said, I still put the Liquid Glass to it, but there was never any paint that came off during the application nor did I ever have any swirls...Don't know if it was just the red and blacks that had the issue or not..:stirthepot:

F6B1911
07-24-2015, 06:16 PM
Even though my F6B is by far the best ride I've experienced and I love the bike, the paint is a disappointment for me.
I trying to work deal now on doing all of the tupperware in Line-X.

wiggy
07-24-2015, 08:25 PM
Even though my F6B is by far the best ride I've experienced and I love the bike, the paint is a disappointment for me.
I trying to work deal now on doing all of the tupperware in Line-X.

I just watched a video of Line-X in action protecting a cement block, plate, watermelon and egg. Very impressive. Do you think it could be put on as a super smooth finish though? It will be interesting to hear about if you follow through with this. Good Luck!

hgslayr
07-24-2015, 09:49 PM
Line X is lumpy...No way to get it smooth thst Im aware of...

wiggy
07-24-2015, 10:18 PM
Line X is lumpy...No way to get it smooth thst Im aware of...

That's kind of what I was picking up from the video. I think it started out as a bedliner material for pickups.

Thanks,

hgslayr
07-24-2015, 10:35 PM
They also use it on body armor plates as an anti spalling material....Through its chemical process I dont believe it can be manipulated but it derginitely would make the bike scratch proof...Alot of off roaders spray their 4x4 rigs to protect from tree and brush avratching...

dickiedeals
07-25-2015, 05:59 AM
I've never had any issue w/ the Yellow. That said, I still put the Liquid Glass to it, but there was never any paint that came off during the application nor did I ever have any swirls...Don't know if it was just the red and blacks that had the issue or not..:stirthepot:

There was no yellow in 2013 so I'm not sure what your point is?.......:stirthepot:.....When you polish my black one paint doesn't come off on the rag. On mine if you lean against the saddle bag with jeans on it will leave the imprint of the material in the paint ,its that soft. The Liquid glass helps but eventually will probably repaint.........
...Dickie

flat6bagger
07-25-2015, 07:34 AM
My 13's paint gets a new scratch every day.
I think the wind can put a scratch in it.
I am not going to do the liquid glass as I believe there are so many scratches what difference would it make?
You may say.."But Doug it will stop any additional scratches."
My answer to that is..It already has so many you wouldn't notice hundreds more.
They will just blend in.
I look at it as my bike now has it's own character.:icon_biggrin:

Doug

dickiedeals
07-25-2015, 07:53 AM
I rode mine through a small tropical storm with mud and road film into the night 100 miles of bugs . It's quite a mess. 4 days later I had shoulder surgery so its been sitting in the Garage with all this dried crud on it for 9 weeks . I'm not sure what I will find once I'm able to wash it...Not going to worry about it. What ever it is, there you are...........:icon_lol:.................Dickie

flat6bagger
07-25-2015, 08:28 AM
I rode mine through a small tropical storm with mud and road film into the night 100 miles of bugs . It's quite a mess. 4 days later I had shoulder surgery so its been sitting in the Garage with all this dried crud on it for 9 weeks . I'm not sure what I will find once I'm able to wash it...Not going to worry about it. What ever it is, there you are...........:icon_lol:.................Dickie

Dickie you have the same outlook as I do.
From 10 feet away or going down the road no one can see the imperfections anyway.:icon_biggrin:

Doug

Old Ryder
08-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Dickie you have the same outlook as I do.
From 10 feet away or going down the road no one can see the imperfections anyway.:icon_biggrin:

Doug

Me too. I bought a motorcycle, not a Rembrant :shock:

taxfree4
08-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Give me a bike with an average paint job that is liquid cooled, has a linear power band with no dead spots, dealers who are a pleasure to do business with over an air cooled bike that requires you to spend 2-3K more, after you spend 20+K to buy it, just to get it to run right with a phenomenal paint job. The name of which I won't mention as not to offend those who also own one, as myself.

unsub
08-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Give me a bike with an average paint job that is liquid cooled, has a linear power band with no dead spots, dealers who are a pleasure to do business with over an air cooled bike that requires you to spend 2-3K more, after you spend 20+K to buy it, just to get it to run right with a phenomenal paint job. The name of which I won't mention as not to offend those who also own one, as myself.

C'mon to be fair there are the bandanas and shirts....."coffee"

Old Ryder
08-04-2015, 10:00 AM

I agree with this too. Some companies put all of their R&D into paint and keep the mechanical technogoly from the WW2 era. Of course, that is what their customers (which I was many times :icon_redface:) prefer.

Madmax
08-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Alot of guys reported the black paint was prone to scratching before red , I owned a red before the black one now and I found the paint on the red to be a softer paint ... I owned a body shop for years so I know paint .
The new eggshell paints are really nice , Kawasaki used the same paint years ago , there was a special wide down cleaner in a aerosol for that paint . Not sure if honda has the same thing .

bbqman151
08-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Has anyone thought of Plasti Dip on their bike? They have really developed a lot of great options and colors lately and can be done in Matte, Gloss, and semi gloss. Plus, when you get tired of the color, boom... Peel it off and put on a different color. Plus, it protects the factory paint. Just throwing it out there.