PDA

View Full Version : Hog hunting on a Saturday night......

BIGLRY
07-25-2015, 08:53 PM
I wanted to do some sat night cruising so I hustled up and re-installed the KW flair shield, got my GL1800 passenger boards painted with Rustoleum black, plastic peel paint, the muffler guards painted hi temp flat black and cooked, Amber/white LED front turns installed behind smoked lens. then a general over all removal of finger prints with some McGuire's detail spray including my new Jekill & Hyde exhaust system....I'm going Hog hunting:icon_biggrin:

stroguy
07-25-2015, 08:59 PM
Looks prime. Good hunting. Love the lil GW emblem on the floorboards. I need to find me something USAF'y to put on mine.

BIGLRY
07-25-2015, 09:16 PM
Looks prime. Good hunting. Love the lil GW emblem on the floorboards. I need to find me something USAF'y to put on mine.
If you are retired how about this?
http://www.theveteransstore.com/store/image/cache/data/Pins/12000-13999/P12638-500x500.jpg

Many more here http://www.theveteransstore.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=683

stroguy
07-25-2015, 09:22 PM
I like that store, thanks. Not retired, just gave them some of my best years. I got fat after I left........hmmmm.

ths61
07-26-2015, 12:04 AM
Hi Larry, did you extend the shield by 2 inches as discussed ? If so, how does it work?

Also, how did the ADV shim work out for you?

For a minute, I thought you were putting some pork on the table ! :eat1:

I have been wanting to go boar hunting.

Steve 0080
07-26-2015, 12:07 AM
Still can not get over how big that seat is !

flat6bagger
07-26-2015, 07:22 AM
Still can not get over how big that seat is !

I agree.
I think it is awesome that someone could make that so Larry could ride and be comfortable.

Doug

Retired Army
07-26-2015, 08:09 AM
I wanted to do some sat night cruising so I hustled up and re-installed the KW flair shield, got my GL1800 passenger boards painted with Rustoleum black, plastic peel paint, the muffler guards painted hi temp flat black and cooked, Amber/white LED front turns installed behind smoked lens. then a general over all removal of finger prints with some McGuire's detail spray including my new Jekill & Hyde exhaust system....I'm going Hog hunting:icon_biggrin:
With the all blacked out bike you will have better lucking hunting at night'gw-smiley'

BIGLRY
07-26-2015, 04:56 PM
Hi Larry, did you extend the shield by 2 inches as discussed ? If so, how does it work?

Also, how did the ADV shim work out for you?

For a minute, I thought you were putting some pork on the table ! :eat1:

I have been wanting to go boar hunting.I've hunted boar in Parkfield CA at the Jack Ranch http://www.jackranchwildpighunts.com/...but back to the bike.

Yes, I re-drilled the KW flair 1 3/4" still not high enough, but ok for around town and have an idea that taxfree is helping me with, if it works I'll let everyone know.
I finally got to run some rough roads last night and I am impressed, I really did not expect much by only doing the ADV shim as it was just the first part of the mods I'm planning on doing to my frontend. I did notice a slight more dive to the frontend when the rear brakes are applied hard, but the jarring I'd get when hitting bumps while on the rear brake are gone.
I believe when I change out the neck stem bearings to the "All Balls" tapered roller bearing kit http://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/forkconversion
add a lower fork brace, change to some 2.8 kg springs while upping the fork oil to 10 or 12 wt.(OEM is 7 wt.) decrease the air head space in the forks to 125 mm I should have the forks in the middle of their stroke and not near the bottom as I have now, all this with the max setting on the rear shock should get me the Cadillac ride I want and still be sure footed when I play.

And play I did last night, not many hogs out, but the few I did see turned tail and hid in the bar when I cracked the throttle and the Jekill & Hydes barked at them to come play.:icon_twisted: