PDA

View Full Version : ? For the ones that have added tourpacks.

DC1503
07-25-2015, 09:10 PM
Still haven't pulled the trigger on one of these bikes yet, for a variety of reasons. I have seen some of you have added tour bags/boxes to the f6b .How difficult and costly is this to do? There are some who don't like the idea of doing this to the f6b, but honestly the full wing just doesn't fit my big azz.

F6B1911
07-25-2015, 09:41 PM
Still haven't pulled the trigger on one of these bikes yet, for a variety of reasons. I have seen some of you have added tour bags/boxes to the f6b .How difficult and costly is this to do? There are some who don't like the idea of doing this to the f6b, but honestly the full wing just doesn't fit my big azz.

Exactly, the Goldwing is not for everyone, the F6B is perfect for those who don't want the huge touring pack, arm rests, etc.
I love the look of the rear of the bike with no luggage rack or tour pack.
..... but I also love camping..... I just purchased the rear carrier brackets, bolted on a Pelican case to the rear carrier brackets. From there I can carry a big touring bag, a small touring bag, or none at all. Most everything I use for camping came from my previous bike, so didn't have to spend much at all.
I think the rear carrier brackets were only $114.95 from eBay, but can be purchased cheaper if you look around.

And the best part is that once the camping trip is done, remove everything and you're back to the awesome looking F6B.

DC1503
07-25-2015, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the reply. I've seen some nice looking setups on here.

ths61
07-25-2015, 11:50 PM
The OEM combination backrest/luggage rack mounts with 4 bolts.

To put on a tour pack, you need 4 longer bolts and 4 standoffs to mount a tour pack (plus a mounting bracket or luggage rack).

Tour paks vary in price with the HD's being the spendy ones. If you can find a descent take-off from CraigsList, you should be ahead of the game.

Pap
07-26-2015, 08:38 AM
I found a harley davidson tour pack
on craigslist for 300 dollars. Other than that all I had was the cost of 4 pipe nipples and longer bolts. I like the option of taking it on and off as desired.

lurking luddite
07-26-2015, 09:20 PM
I made up a mount for my BMW rack, then I can install the BMW top box by just latching it on or off. The BMW case does not interfere with the aerial and actually looks good on the bike.

mtcgun
07-26-2015, 10:04 PM
Yep, just used 4 longer bolt in the factory backrest mounting studs with spacers. just used a piece of aluminium for a base and bolted the tour pack onto that. 15412

DC1503
07-27-2015, 08:58 AM
Thanks guys.

Bryster
07-27-2015, 10:45 AM
I made up a mount for my BMW rack, then I can install the BMW top box by just latching it on or off. The BMW case does not interfere with the aerial and actually looks good on the bike.

:postpics:

I already have a box... But I'd like to see what that looks like.

Hmmmm... Opening line for a married guy ! :shhh:

lurking luddite
07-28-2015, 09:02 PM
I new this would happen.lol
I will see if the if the old ball and chain can figure out how to post a pic.

Pap
07-28-2015, 09:08 PM
She ain't gonna help you much if she sees your post! :duck:

imported_PA_F6Ber
07-28-2015, 10:04 PM
I found a harley davidson tour pack
on craigslist for 300 dollars. Other than that all I had was the cost of 4 pipe nipples and longer bolts. I like the option of taking it on and off as desired.

Hey! That's your old M109R not your new F6B in your picture.

Carl

Pap
07-29-2015, 08:02 AM
Hey! That's your old M109R not your new F6B in your picture.

Carl
Yepper! Miss the ole girl!

dickiedeals
07-29-2015, 11:14 AM
3236.......................................Dickie

DC1503
07-31-2015, 09:15 AM
Any pics of install process would help .Guess I'm a visual person. Thanks for all the responses.

Pap
07-31-2015, 09:57 AM
Any pics of install process would help .Guess I'm a visual person. Thanks for all the responses.

This is my set-up.I needed to use spacers on the top of the plate for the tour pack.
Underneath, you see the pipe nipples are epoxy puttied onto the plate to aid in the installation. Trying to remember, I believe the nipples are 2" on the front and 2-1/2" on the rear.
I sprayed everything with a can of bed liner.
Hope this helps.

DC1503
08-01-2015, 08:37 AM
This is my set-up.I needed to use spacers on the top of the plate for the tour pack.
Underneath, you see the pipe nipples are epoxy puttied onto the plate to aid in the installation. Trying to remember, I believe the nipples are 2" on the front and 2-1/2" on the rear.
Hope this helps.

Thanks ! That does help. looks like a pretty easy setup.

dickiedeals
08-01-2015, 09:06 AM
Hope this helps.

Nice photo. I cut the threads off my spacers. I wish I had a welder to weld the spacers to the plate. Would be much easier to take on and off for sure. I also put an Aluminum plate inside the box made out of an old speed sign for stability but it interfered with radio reception.(I listen to the radio). When removed I regained reception.. Large fender washers work as good......................Dickie

flat6bagger
08-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Here you go anyone wanting to do a trunk.
Here is a cheap alternative that if you screwed up the install you wouldn't be out much money.

http://www.amazon.com/TMS-TBOX-JK1001-K-Motorcycle-Luggage-Backrest/dp/B00513G82U

Doug

Blotar
08-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the link Doug,
I ordered one for myself and this should help me take long trips without all those bags of stuff that I dont need.:icon_lol:
Blotar