PDA

View Full Version : Mean City Cycles great job!

NCF6B
07-26-2015, 10:37 AM
Just sent my OEM seat to Mean City Cycles in Maiden NC to have the memory foam mod done. What a great job they did! Lowered the seat, and reformed it a little. Much more comfortable to ride and I can easily "flatfoot" at stops. Really liked being able to schedule the mod and have it done and returned on time as promised. Price was also very reasonable IMO. My thanks to Lori. Keith, and the rest of the team for a job well done!!

Dfinkelsteinmd
07-26-2015, 10:43 AM
I have also been lucky to find a seat "remodler" in Don Clancy at Clancy's speed shop in Cotati. He did the work while I waited for <$100, and although the OEM seat loks the same as before, it is narrower and softer due to a delicate surgical procedure on the foam itself--no new materials although I can replace parts of the foam with gel if needed. So far so good"

Old Ryder
07-27-2015, 09:18 AM
If I had it all to do over again, I would have used them instead of shooting in the dark with the Mustang and finally the Ultimate.

I had used them years ago with my VTX. It is a nice alternative at a cheaper price.

stroguy
07-27-2015, 09:20 AM
Will this seat be at Franklin?

Spanky
07-27-2015, 10:52 AM
most likely mine will.

Had mean city add heat, and the utopia backrest. If i can convince my wife to come, she had 2" push forward and 1.5" lowered.
Those guys are the best. Should get them to come to franklin too.

pilotguy299
04-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Just sent my OEM seat to Mean City Cycles in Maiden NC to have the memory foam mod done. What a great job they did! Lowered the seat, and reformed it a little. Much more comfortable to ride and I can easily "flatfoot" at stops. Really liked being able to schedule the mod and have it done and returned on time as promised. Price was also very reasonable IMO. My thanks to Lori. Keith, and the rest of the team for a job well done!!

I am looking to have something similar done. Do you have any before/after pics of the seat on the bike that you can share?

Battoo
04-05-2016, 05:48 PM
We had our seat done Love it

petehenke
04-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Had mine done by Mean City, lowered it an inch and added heat. Did a great job, same stock seat, can't tell the difference in looks. They got it on a Monday, had it back by Friday.