PDA

View Full Version : couple of quick electrical questions

sabre85
07-26-2015, 06:57 PM
in reading other posts about fuse blocks and such.... I think I got this right

1) the stock connection for the accessory lighter plug that goes in the cubby is switched (hot when ignition is on or set to accessory) correct?

2) there are two auxiliary connections on the stock fuse panel. One is switched, and the other is hot all the time. correct?

> general "I'm an analog kinda guy" electrical question.

3) can u split a usb into two connections to use it for charging only. I don't use the usb in the bag for music, but would like to charge various batteries phones ect.

radi0chik
07-26-2015, 07:05 PM
1 yes
2 I think so? But not positive.
3 I'm not sure what you mean split it. You can use the USB port in the saddle bag to charge phone/whatever.

stroguy
07-26-2015, 08:06 PM
3. 15408

Vcc and Ground are your friends for charging. Yes it can be split.

Hornblower
07-27-2015, 08:22 AM
in reading other posts about fuse blocks and such.... I think I got this right

1) the stock connection for the accessory lighter plug that goes in the cubby is switched (hot when ignition is on or set to accessory) correct?

2) there are two auxiliary connections on the stock fuse panel. One is switched, and the other is hot all the time. correct?

> general "I'm an analog kinda guy" electrical question.

3) can u split a usb into two connections to use it for charging only. I don't use the usb in the bag for music, but would like to charge various batteries phones ect.

1) YES
2) NO, the ACC terminals are + and - and are energized with ignition
3) USB can be split into two or more connections. Just do search for "USB splitter".