PDA

View Full Version : New 2015 Mat Silver F6B in my garage ... !

Bagger
07-27-2015, 06:25 PM
I've had a 2001 Goldwing since it was introduced. It is hands down my favorite bike of the dozens I've had. I still own it ... waiting for a new Wing to break cover for the last half dozen years. Still waiting.

The Wing does everything I like ... handles well (I've got the full bore Traxxion suspension), excellent power and torque at all speeds, comfy, lots of lighting (and I add to that, too), tons of luggage space, has a REAL horn, reliable, too. And, more.

But, it's getting long in the tooth IMO.

Tried a couple BMWs ... the BIG K bike and the RT, too. Both nice bikes, but not to my style of riding. Decided to keep the Wing and buy the new Valkyrie. Impressive bike, but I get bored easily ... and, I was wrong in keeping my old Wing and buying a stripped down Wing/Valk.

Well, I traded the Valk in (took a BIG loss in less than 1 year ... Honda should be ashamed with the falling prices of this bike!), and got a new in the box F6B. (which also exists in 2013 versions new on the floor and in the box, too)

But, I have to say ... the F6B is a terrific bike. And, I like it (dare I say?) as much as my Wing. It seems to ride as well as the Wing, carves closer than the Wing, seems as comfy as the Wing, looks better, too. The back end looks like it was meant for the 6B.

So ... I'm pleased with my new purchase of a mat silver F6B. Should have done this the 1st time. My riding buddy wants to buy my 2001 Wing. And, I'm leaning that way.

Already added some farkles to my new ride just have had it couple days 225 miles: Ultimate saddle with rider backrest, the cowl from my Valk with the ultra bright EC amber fogs, light smoke Windbender shield with shelf for my GoPro/V1 radar detector/Garmin nav, grip puppy type over sleeves, battery tender pig tail. I have other stuff coming soon ... license plate frame in satin black, Chrome Works luggage rack (hope not to convert this into a Wing), volt meter, Powerlet outlet for heated gear ... the list never ends. Chrikey!

stroguy
07-27-2015, 07:00 PM
Sounds like a secret agent......Matt Silver. Welcome to the ultra fastest bestest bike color. We got some good folks around here......and then we have shooter. Sorry.

okiedoc
07-27-2015, 07:09 PM
Nice choice on the color, congrats on the new bike.

edgeman55
07-27-2015, 07:32 PM
Welcome Bagger and congrates on the new ride.Saw your posts on the other Wing site and nice to see you posting here.Lots of great people on this site who all love there F6B's.

Willl
07-27-2015, 08:15 PM
Welcome to the Forum :cheers:

Post some pictures of the new bike when you get a chance :icon_biggrin:

Big Jay
07-27-2015, 08:21 PM
'welcome gang' had mine for over a year and it still makes me smile every time I ride.

Bagger
07-27-2015, 08:48 PM
Welcome Bagger and congrates on the new ride.Saw your posts on the other Wing site and nice to see you posting here.Lots of great people on this site who all love there F6B's.

Yeah, I've been on the GL1800riders.com site for over a decade. One of the earliest posters there. Still view it here and there. Great site.

I'm surprised how much the F6B is like the GW, but then again ... not. I think the tires are not up to snuff for my liking, but I've yet to check the pressures. Prolly drop the rear a bit. I like a more cushy ride. Running 36 front and 38 rear.

I'm also surprised at how much I enjoy this new bike. Really surprised. :)

Heading out on a trip early next week to WV/VA to ride some hill country roads. Was gonna take the Wing, but my shop will help out with hardwiring my GPS/radar unit and I'll take off on the new F6B. Should be a fun trip if the weather is conducive.

I'll try to post some photogs when I get a chance. Been a while since I did so, but think I'll remember.

BTW ... took me over a month to be able to post or read some threads here. Not sure why?

firetech
07-27-2015, 09:13 PM
Welcome Bagger from an ex Nutmegger/Connecticuter (Waterbury).
Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure you'll love it.
Nice list of mods so far, but I'm sure its just the beginning. "ccsmiley"

Sorcerer
07-27-2015, 09:47 PM
Welcome. Check rear end fluid level and crank up the rear shock.

nvmyf6
07-28-2015, 12:42 AM
Welcome to the forum. .welcome20.

Something else to check is the adjustment on the rear suspension. Something you may have over looked, if yer not happy with the tires or maybe the ride. May want to stiffen up the suspension a little.

Mine is at about 17 clicks, perfect for me. :biggthumpup:

Does the New Valkyrie have that suspension adjustment?
Most likely it does huh.

Well, enjoy your new ride Bagger :icon_mrgreen:

Fla_rider
07-28-2015, 06:15 AM
Welcome to the forum from Tampa Florida.'welcome gang'

Now tradition dictates that you post a picture of your new bike. Cuz :postpics:

vmaxed
07-28-2015, 06:39 AM
'welcome gang' and:congrats:on your new B

Ed "coffee"

seadog
07-28-2015, 07:31 AM
Glad you picked the fastest color, Welcome from the great state of Michigan and remember to check that final drive oil mine was 3 ounces low on a 4 ounce reservoir.'welcome gang'

Steve 0080
07-28-2015, 08:21 AM
'welcome gang' to the board!

Hornblower
07-28-2015, 08:47 AM
.welcome20., Bagger :039: I can tell from your original post that you bring quite a bit of experience to our board so we'll look forward to benefiting from your knowledge base :yes:.

shooter
07-28-2015, 09:59 AM
Sounds like a secret agent......Matt Silver. Welcome to the ultra fastest bestest bike color. We got some good folks around here......and then we have shooter. Sorry.
That's cause I'm better than good Stro. I'm the bestest.

stroguy
07-28-2015, 10:14 AM
See how I left that open for you? A big softball and you smoked it over the CF fence. Positive thinkers. Love it.

Bagger
07-31-2015, 09:04 PM
Let's see if I can find this photog and post it ..... Hmmmmmmm ....

bobbyf6b
07-31-2015, 09:53 PM
Nice ride. I think you like it so much because it's a Wing. I don't know if yours did, but don't all the new Wings come with the same tires?

BuzzzPhotos
07-31-2015, 10:01 PM
:lolup:great choice! I've had mine a few years now & still think of it as my new bike. Haven't considered another.

Bagger
07-31-2015, 10:06 PM
Nice ride. I think you like it so much because it's a Wing. I don't know if yours did, but don't all the new Wings come with the same tires?

I really don't know if all Wings have he same/same sneakers.

I don't even know what brand is on my F6B. I'll find out manana when I check psi before my trip.

Personally ... I like the 70 series Avon Cobra (this is for the old Valkyrie and VTX1800, I think). This tire is quite comfy running 36 / 39 on my Wing one up. Great in the wet, excellent traction in the dry leaning the bike over. And, lasts about 10,000 miles. I usually take them off when I want. I never run tires to the end.

Also, the 70 series corrects the speedo according to my GPS. Quiet tires, good looking tires, good wet/dry/cornering, yada, yada. And, give more clearance on the lean due to the taller sidewall.

I'll change out to a 70 series when the oems crap out ... or, go "Dark Side". (can't believe I typed that):shock: