PDA

View Full Version : The world's first all Bluetooth Smart TPMS!

WingStuff
07-28-2015, 06:15 PM
FOBO uses the ease and convenience of Bluetooth to give riders an accurate readout of their tire's pressure and temp. Very cool stuff.

Do any of you already own this product and want to share your experience so far? Please feel free to share your thoughts here.

http://wingstuff.com/system/uploads/main_image/000/029/104/original.png?1437603481

http://wingstuff.com/system/uploads/image/000/029/102/original.png?1437603484

Now available at WingStuff.com (http://wingstuff.com). Learn more and shop FOBO TPMS (http://wingstuff.com/products/37218).

Steve 0080
07-29-2015, 12:40 AM
Cool !!!!!

jimsol1
07-29-2015, 03:05 AM
Got em last week, black ones. They seem to work fine, and I don't feel like the tires' balance has been thrown off. Nice to check pressure before and during each ride. Checking the rear manually is no fun. Jim

F6bisnext
07-29-2015, 05:34 AM
How much are they?

TailGunner
07-29-2015, 06:19 AM
These are the first ones I'm actually interested in. Are the accurate or mainly for warning of a low tire.

Spanky
07-29-2015, 10:16 AM
How much are they?

check the link. $100 bucks. not sure if you can go wrong. people seem to poo poo the idea of not having real time while you are riding results, bit for $100 bucks, that's not what it is for. there are much better and more accurate products out there for that.

WingStuff
08-05-2015, 01:13 PM
These are the first ones I'm actually interested in. Are the accurate or mainly for warning of a low tire.

One rider said he compared it with his mechanic's pressure gauge and the FOBO's readout was pretty accurate (paraphrasing).

Actually here are his exact words:

I am very impressed. The guy who installed it for me said it was within .5psi of his $100 tool, and you can see when it updates. the psi or temp goes blank for 1-2 seconds and then the updated value is shown. i had no idea how hot the tires get when you ride, and the PSI goes +7-8 from cold. I always figured 4-5 when I was adding air to hot tires. just food for thought.

stevenolts
08-05-2015, 02:30 PM
I bought the FOBO Bike TPMS $100.00 4 months ago.
It seems to be very good / works with Bluetooth to your cell phone (Android or I-Phone)

The bottom line is I like the system!

Positives:
Inexpensive
I always ride with my cell phone
If I switched bikes I can move it easily
It seems accurate compared to my HD pressure gauge (Harley has to be right)
If I remember to start the app after I turn my phone off it will warn me if pressure is low as I walk up to bike or sit watching TV in the living room.
This waring as I walk up to the bike will give me a chance to put air in before riding when the readings are valid and accurate.
It will give a catastrophic (very low warning) warning if you can hear it.
When traveling I always have my cell phone's GPS on even if listening to the bike radio. (so I should it should cut in and give me a warning)

Negatives:
I have to remember to start the app after my phone has been turned off (Maybe I can get an app to start the app)
It warns me when I am watching TV (ha ha)
It is only accurate when the tires are cold (no compensation for heat) so the warning will not help for slightly low tires on the road.
You can get a good feel for where the pressure should be if you watch it for a while.

Steve

Fla_rider
08-06-2015, 07:36 AM
Been using these since my Ct. trip at the end of June. I agree with Steve on his points and I do like them. What I was surprised about was about the amount of variance in tire pressure there is. The system has an adjustable high & low warning range. Well sitting in the garage over night it is usually just out of or at the lower range. Jump on the bike mid summer in Florida and it doesn't take long before the TP is close to max setting. So to you experts in maximizing tire life do you set your TP cold or hot? Example - rear tire cold 36 psi - rear tire hot 43 psi. Do you change TP for different times of the year, doesn't seem necessary for Florida?

Overall, I love not having to bend over to know what the TP is! :clap2:

stevenolts
08-06-2015, 09:52 AM
I may be wrong but my impression is that we set the pressure when the tires are cold before moving the bike. My guess is the pressure will change with the temperature throughout the seasons.

I feel that you need to have your own compressor to do this accurately because by the time you ride to the gas station to add air the tire will heat up and cause you to under inflate your tires.

I thought we were supposed to set them to 40psi cold for front and rear for max tire life.
Steve

Fla_rider
08-06-2015, 03:15 PM
The back tire at 41 feels pretty firm. So imagine if at cold the tire is set to 40 psi. Then when hot the TP would be around 47 psi. :yikes: the system also shows temps guys. I've seen tires at 117 degrees.!

F6bisnext
08-18-2015, 05:17 PM
How do you add air? Do you have to remove them? Do you then have to "reset" them? How user friendly is it?

Fla_rider
08-19-2015, 08:09 AM
They do have T valves, but I opted for the cheap way and just remove them add air then put them back on.

stevenolts
08-19-2015, 12:34 PM
I bought the t valves and will install them when I change the tires.
Steve