PDA

View Full Version : People wanting more things added to the F6B

flat6bagger
07-30-2015, 09:09 AM
Ok I have sat back and read all these posts about what things people believe should be added to a F6B that is on a Gold Wing.
I don't get it.
If you want all the features on a F6B that a Gold Wing has,why didn't you buy a Gold Wing?
Think about it.
If Honda starts adding all the Gold Wing features to a F6B,then the F6B becomes nothing more than a Gold Wing without a trunk.:banghead:

Disclaimer: I am not hating on anyone,just don't understand.

Doug

Bmacs
07-30-2015, 10:44 AM
Ok I have sat back and read all these posts about what things people believe should be added to a F6B that is on a Gold Wing.
I don't get it.
If you want all the features on a F6B that a Gold Wing has,why didn't you buy a Gold Wing?
Think about it.
If Honda starts adding all the Gold Wing features to a F6B,then the F6B becomes nothing more than a Gold Wing without a trunk.:banghead:

Doug

Doug,

I believe anyone close to 6' or over (like me) never had the option of buying a full-up wing - they are just too cramped for a taller rider...

Along comes the F6B and the Ultimate King seat and you have a bunch of happy new GW owners.

Now, you want to add a few things to get closer to the GW you originally wanted, cruise, a tour pack, etc... there you go...

Just one man's opinion...

Bill

seadog
07-30-2015, 11:34 AM
Just look at the two of them, the 6 is very open, roomy so to speak and the full wing looks and is cramped and doesn't have the open look of the 6. But the options don't cramp up the 6 at all, Cruise control is very nice, self cancelling turn signals, the center stand all make the 6 very versatile, you can cruise for short runs, add a bag to the back for longer runs, or deck it out for extreme travel and when your done put it back the way it was, so its the versatility of the F6B that has the bulk of us enthusiastic. But if all you want is a hotrod Goldwing it comes out of the box that way. You just couldn't ask for a better platform that does everything so well.

Greg O
07-30-2015, 12:25 PM
I just want Honda to add air conditioning. No it would be nice if Honda would add a upgradable stereo system, larger amps, better speakers, additional add on speakers to the lowers. That is one thing I miss that my Harley had. I love to rock out when I'm riding.

BIGLRY
07-30-2015, 01:11 PM
For me at 6'5" the Goldwing faring hits my legs and the cockpit is way to small, but the different F6B faring and seat mounting put me in a much better position so that I can mod the bike to fit me while the Goldwing I cannot.

Pap
07-30-2015, 01:19 PM
I prefer the looks of the F6B over the full wing.
I added the tour pack on for trips/storage, but it comes off when not needed and it returns to a more sporty wing.
Another thing I agree with, like the others here, it has a more roomy feel to it.

flat6bagger
07-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Well after reading the replies,I must admit that I may also be adding more things.
Damn!
I thought I was done.
I did not realize there was a difference in seat room.

Doug

Greg O
07-30-2015, 03:25 PM
If I could order a roof and 2 more wheels I would have a Accord

Willl
07-31-2015, 01:42 AM
If I could order a roof and 2 more wheels I would have a Accord

+1 :icon_biggrin:

ths61
07-31-2015, 02:33 AM
+1 :icon_biggrin:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/throttlejunkie/IMGP09GoldWingQuad.jpg

Bryster
07-31-2015, 04:52 AM

hmmm that'd actually be +2

Greg O
07-31-2015, 05:27 AM

Is that what a convertible Accord looks like.

flat6bagger
07-31-2015, 05:36 AM
That is the Hannigan Quad conversion.
In "07" the out the door price was around $42,000.
These conversions make about as much sense as letting Michael Jackson watch your kids back in the day.

Doug

DC1503
07-31-2015, 08:42 AM
Doug,

I believe anyone close to 6' or over (like me) never had the option of buying a full-up wing - they are just too cramped for a taller rider...

Along comes the F6B and the Ultimate King seat and you have a bunch of happy new GW owners.

Now, you want to add a few things to get closer to the GW you originally wanted, cruise, a tour pack, etc... there you go...

Just one man's opinion...

Bill

^^^^ THIS !!!

Willl
07-31-2015, 09:35 AM

It's not me but I would like to drive one for the day

ths61
07-31-2015, 12:11 PM
Is that what a convertible Accord looks like.

Accord ATV, just put some knobbies on it ! :shock:

shooter
07-31-2015, 01:16 PM
Piss on driving it for a day. I want one!!

BadDawg
08-01-2015, 04:14 PM
I don't get it.
Think about it.

Doug

I do agree with your thought process. I bought it because of what it wasn't, a big ass touring bike. However, I'm short so the short shield is great but see its failings for others. But most people buy a bike for what it could be. No such thing as the perfect bike just the potential to be one. I would have kept the cruise control, glad to see it back but a,year late.

blackmetoc
08-02-2015, 08:44 AM
I just want Honda to add air conditioning. No it would be nice if Honda would add a upgradable stereo system, larger amps, better speakers, additional add on speakers to the lowers. That is one thing I miss that my Harley had. I love to rock out when I'm riding.

For me, though, I ride all over, so bag space is a premium. I often have to carry papers/uniforms and other crap on the ride, so amps in the saddle bags take up space. I am REALLY good at rolling stuff extra super tight though. :-) A nicer stereo would be cool, but not certain how they get the amps in it.

Jimmytee
08-02-2015, 08:53 AM

You going to the F6B Rally in Franklin?

Greg O
08-02-2015, 09:20 AM
You going to the F6B Rally in Franklin?

No, Jimmy I won't be able to make it. I will be remodeling my kitchen, sounds fun doesn't it. Why do you ask.

Jimmytee
08-02-2015, 10:55 AM
No, Jimmy I won't be able to make it. I will be remodeling my kitchen, sounds fun doesn't it. Why do you ask.

You were mentioning wishing for better stereo, I'm betting there are some who will come who have made improvements to the stock system. Give you a chance to check em out. For instance, my system will leave those Harley systems wanting. :shhh: