PDA

View Full Version : Utopia Backrest

RoughRider
08-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Was considering installing a Utopia backrest on my standard OEM seat. Has anyone done this and what is your opinion? I watched a couple of youtube vids but it was on the a regular GW 1800 not the F6B. Utopia does make one for the F6 . Seems a bit daunting to cut a slit in the seat and hope it lines up.

Mrf13
08-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Done it myself.
Very easy. Follow there instructions

jlig
08-02-2013, 12:25 AM
See the link below from the 'Garage' section. I've had the backrest for a few months and find it to be very comfortable. I can easily ride longer days with the backrest and it reduces fatigue. Only negative for me is that I have to stand on the foot peg to swing a leg over it.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?228-Installing-The-Utopia-Driver-Backrest

Paul B Blues
08-02-2013, 03:00 AM
See the link below from the 'Garage' section. I've had the backrest for a few months and find it to be very comfortable. I can easily ride longer days with the backrest and it reduces fatigue. Only negative for me is that I have to stand on the foot peg to swing a leg over it.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?228-Installing-The-Utopia-Driver-Backrest

Thanks man,

My bike is now in the UK, so when I get my hands on it I'll fit the backrest myself :clap2:

Paul B........:icon_cool:

RoughRider
08-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Thanks for boosting my confidence. I think I read somewhere you can use a cotter pin of some sort in place of the bolt that connects the seat to the bar.

Bruce B
08-02-2013, 07:17 PM
I have the Utopia and am very happy with it. Would do it again. I did spend a few bucks extra to get the "Quick Out Option" which allows backrest removal by just lifting up on the backrest. Really handy for me since I sometimes remove the rest. This option can be found on the Utopia website, www.utpr.com, by clicking on "Honda", then "F6B", and then by scrolling down to "More Goodies & Options".

Re: having to swing the leg over the back rest - I find it's easy when I pivot the whole rest as far forward as it will go, then pivot the backrest pad itself to the rear. It comes close to following the slope between the riders and passengers sections of the seat. Lowers the whole thing considerably. It can be done easily by moving forward just slightly on the seat after coming to a stop. Reaching behind and using two hands makes it a cinch and takes just a second.