PDA

View Full Version : Lucky break

bobbyf6b
07-30-2015, 09:28 PM
I got a huge slap on the wrist today. I could have went to jail but somehow I dodged that bullet. I was on my way home and the freeway opened up about a mile from my exit. I floored it and got up to XXX mph and when I turned the corner I saw a black unmarked Ford Expedition behind me. :yikes:

I got pulled over. He didn't get an accurate read on my speed but he knew I was going fast. Since I was honest with him he (to my surprise) wrote me a warning. Nice guy but I know that's not gonna happen again. (getting a break)

I learned something new, criminal speeding in Arizona is 86 mph! I had no idea. Gonna have to keep it under 85 from now on. :banghead:

wiggy
07-30-2015, 09:38 PM
I got a huge slap on the wrist today. I could have went to jail but somehow I dodged that bullet. I was on my way home and the freeway opened up about a mile from my exit. I floored it and got up to XXX mph and when I turned the corner I saw a black unmarked Ford Expedition behind me. :yikes:

I got pulled over. He didn't get an accurate read on my speed but he knew I was going fast. Since I was honest with him he (to my surprise) wrote me a warning. Nice guy but I know that's not gonna happen again. (getting a break)

I learned something new, criminal speeding in Arizona is 86 mph! I had no idea. Gonna have to keep it under 85 from now on. :banghead:

Glad you lucked out, Bobby! I don't suppose pulling the "Excuse me, Officer.....Do you know who I am?" would have worked any better?!
:clap2::clap2:

hgslayr
07-30-2015, 10:05 PM
Being a former LEO attitude and cooperation goes a long way in getting a break...If people I pulled over admitted the violation and seemed remorseful I almost always gave them a break and the ones who had attitude always got a citation...

hgslayr
07-30-2015, 10:06 PM
And " Do you know who I am" always got tickets....lol

BIGLRY
07-30-2015, 10:07 PM
Here in Calf. it is 101 mph and at the LEO's discretion they can take you to the gray bar hotel and impound your scoot right there, also mandatory, you must show up in court, no "just paying the bail". Fine can be $500 and a 6 month hotel stay if the judge don't like you.
Get caught under 101 mph and it is just breaking the basic speed limit with a no show ticket if ya just want to pay, and you do pay big even for that.
Now if ya break your tire loose or pop a wheel up then you can get a "reckless driving" charge and that is a whole different ball game.

Davidk
07-30-2015, 10:14 PM
I had a friend who passed a cop at 130. He didn't know it was a cop until it was too late. He simply pulled over and waited for the cop to get there. The cop let him off with a warning because he didn't have to chase him. LOL

shooter
07-30-2015, 10:22 PM
Boy Bobby that 85 mph restriction is tough. You just have to pick your time a little better. The old girl needs to cut loose occasionally. In a safe manner of course.

wiggy
07-30-2015, 10:26 PM

I've gotta agree with shooter. 86 seems kinda low to have the book thrown at ya. Some states have 80mph speed limts or higher with South Dakota being one of em.

shooter
07-30-2015, 10:33 PM
By the way in our County the "bad" number is 101. I found that out back in 1981. I had a modified 750 Honda and somewhere towards the top of third gear at about 105 I crossed paths with a MO State Hwy Patrol. I just pulled over and waited for him to turn around. He walked up to me calmly and introduced himself. He asked me how fast I was going and I said approx 105. He promptly wrote me a ticket for 99 mph. Cost me $326. That was a whole lot of money back then. He explained the 100 mph thing. I've been more careful since then. I don't want my grandkids knowing "Poppa" is in the tank.

bobbyf6b
07-30-2015, 11:06 PM
Boy Bobby that 85 mph restriction is tough. You just have to pick your time a little better. The old girl needs to cut loose occasionally. In a safe manner of course.

I agree. 86 mph is 11 over our 75 mph max which is where I was speeding. I told him I thought criminal speed was like double the limit or something. :shrug: I guess they think 11 over is fast enough. It's a wake up call to me and I'm thankful for the warning. I have a good eye for spotting po-po vehicles but you never know when you might zip by an unmarked one. They're all running Ford Expeditions out here now so with all the soccer moms driving them too it makes me a little nervous. Most of them are white but I guess you never know. With my CDL I can't afford to get a criminal ticket. Not that I want to pay for it either.

BadDawg
07-30-2015, 11:54 PM
Damn, good thing I got out of AZ without being sent to the electric chair. I spent 2 years there and I ran my VTX hard. It saw 120 many, many times.

flat6bagger
07-31-2015, 05:45 AM
I have no tolerance for people who are excessive speeders.
Sorry,but while someone may think it is fun doing it,you are putting innocent peoples lives at risk.

Doug

Spanky
07-31-2015, 06:03 AM
got pulled for 112 in a 45. cop was more interested in the bike and wanted to see it. sometimes the golden horseshoe up my ass need a polishing....

dickiedeals
07-31-2015, 08:20 AM
I have no tolerance for people who are excessive speeders.
Sorry,but while someone may think it is fun doing it,you are putting innocent peoples lives at risk.

Doug

Then you don't want to ride with me. I done my share of excess speed and still do, but not where it would harm others. I have common since............Dickie

seadog
07-31-2015, 08:42 AM
Then you don't want to ride with me. I done my share of excess speed and still do, but not where it would harm others. I have common since............Dickie

I like speed and always have, my dirt bikes were always on tilt thru the woods, my two 750 Honda, were always run to the red line, my M109R Suzuki Boulevard was always twisted to the max, but the one thing that makes all that different is where you do that stuff. Common sense is something very important on a motorcycle, sure there are some guys that buy them to commute but most of us have them for their need for speed. Their time machines, covering distance and time in a heart beat. But controlling where you use your time machine is so very important cause if you interrupt the life of some family for your own pleasure you have failed miserably to use your common sense. I have a raft of experience with 2.3 million miles behind the wheel of a semi tractor trailer and have seen too many times the lack of common sense taking the live of other innocent people. NOT where you want to go on any day. JMHO

shooter
07-31-2015, 09:15 AM
You got it Dog. Right time and the right place.I still like to twist that throttle. If something happens I want it to be just me.

Bryster
07-31-2015, 09:37 AM
Being a former LEO attitude and cooperation goes a long way in getting a break...If people I pulled over admitted the violation and seemed remorseful I almost always gave them a break and the ones who had attitude always got a citation...

Amen..... (well not 'almost always'... but yes...) :icon_rolleyes:

hgslayr
07-31-2015, 10:26 AM
LOL...Bryster, You know what I mean, You just get that feeling sometimes when people seem to be over doing the azz kissing and they look like dirtbags...Those are the occasional ones who still got a ticket...lol

ths61
07-31-2015, 11:21 AM
LOL...Bryster, You know what I mean, You just get that feeling sometimes when people seem to be over doing the azz kissing and they look like dirtbags...Those are the occasional ones who still got a ticket...lol

How many phone numbers did you get ? Just asking. :icon_wink:

stroguy
07-31-2015, 12:34 PM

Hoovers have the dirtbag inside, the Harley's have the dirtbag on the outside. Oldie but goodie. When the officer has you, he has you, no sense in looking like a bigger azz. Admit idiocy, hope for a break and move on. I've always admitted my mistake and more than not they seem cool with it. Plus I am a very dashing looking man, so shooter gets the tickets.

hgslayr
07-31-2015, 01:27 PM
Ive dated a few violators in my days...lol

53driver
07-31-2015, 08:34 PM
You got it Dog. Right time and the right place.I still like to twist that throttle. If something happens I want it to be just me.

+1. I will never endanger anyone else. I've known too many people who have killed someone with their vehicle and they say they relive it everyday. No thanks.