PDA

View Full Version : Ram mount and streaming Pandora question

Greg O
08-01-2015, 10:05 AM
I want to streaming Pandora from my Android phone, I will be purchasing and mounting a Ram mount on my left handle bar. I have the connector in the left cubby that Honda supplied me when I bought the bike, but it doesn't appear to be long enough to make it up to the handlebar I also just ordered the power plug that mounts in the cubby. How are you guys running the cables and do I need longer cables. If I do how long do I need and where should I purchase them.

Steve 0080
08-01-2015, 10:22 AM
Are you trying to tap into the bikes radio or run this to a helmet? If to the bike, you can put the phone in the L rear bag and plug it into the USB port or lay it in the L cubby and plug it into the plug there and add a plug to the power outlet to charge the phone. Or run a a charging plug and a 1/8 adaptor out of the cubby up the rail on the L handle bar to the ram mount.

This should get you started...

Greg O
08-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Yes Steve, I want the phone mounted to the handle bars so I can use the GPS on the phone also. How should the cables be tied in and routed and which ones do I need and how long. I will be listening through the bikes speakers.

Steve 0080
08-01-2015, 10:59 AM
2 cables 3' each will work....you can take the cables out of the cubby by pressing the plastic out al little and then running the cables up the tunnel on the back siode of the handlebars..lossen two screws...don't drop them or laya shhet over the area to catch whatever falls...good luck..... about 30 mins...