PDA

View Full Version : MATTE SILVER OWNERS

seadog
08-04-2015, 06:47 PM
I see a lot of posts saying to use goo gone when removing emblems, but don't use it on a matte silver finish. It will leave a shiney spot that will stick out like a sore thumb. You will have hell to pay trying to blend it away.

hgslayr
08-04-2015, 06:55 PM
I used goof off and there is no signs of it anywhere on the paint

stroguy
08-04-2015, 06:59 PM
If you use anything and swirl it seven hundred and eighty four thousand times it will polish that spot. Leave the ghost marks alone, they will disappear.

hgslayr
08-04-2015, 07:43 PM
My thought exactly Stro...Have used goof off and goo gone for years and have never damaged paint...With rubbing comes friction which causes a polishing effect...

stroguy
08-04-2015, 07:51 PM
Should have seen the turd I polished this morning.

valkmc
08-04-2015, 08:04 PM
I used goo gone to take the emblems off the tank of my Valkyrie and the emblems off my 12 Wing without a problem both came out great. I took the emblems off the front of my 13 F6 and it looks like crap. I don't polish or swirl at all. I used dental floss to remove the emblems then place goo gone on a rag and hold it on the glue for a minute or two without rubbing it. The glue then pulls off. The paint on my 13 is so crappy that in two places a small flake of paint pulled off leaving a small rough spot. I know it is not me or the goo gone because I have used the exact method on two previous bikes without a problem. The paint on my 13 just plain sucks.