PDA

View Full Version : Mustang seat question

BadDawg
08-05-2015, 12:15 PM
I recieved and installed the Mustang seat a couple weeks ago. I decided to reserve comment until I had a few miles on it. For starters no one on this forum has over stated what a bitch it is to install. So to my question.

While I was fighting with the seat I found a reference about the first generation seats being jacked up. So what was wrong with them and is there a set of serial #s to look for? I purchased mine off Amazon through a 3rd party vender. I thought maybe it could be an old lot. The holes in the seat did not line up well at all.

As far as the seat itself it is very comfortable but did not give me the drop I had hoped for. I'm really not sure it was worth it. Furtunatly I was able to use hotel points for Amazon gift cards. So I'm still telling myself it was free.

jaxflrichard64
08-05-2015, 01:28 PM
Not aware of first generation issues with this seat, but do know it was difficult lining the bolt holes up the first time installing. The second time was much easier as I read the directions and watched an installation video. http://www.mustangseats.com/Mustang/Honda-F6B-Seat-Installation-

There are also tapered bolts that are supposed to make the install easier. I just ordered these last week from WingStuff.com / Part number and description is: WSF6SB4: Rust Free Easy Mount Seat Bolts for F6B

Hope this helps,
Rich

No Handle Sam
08-05-2015, 01:44 PM
This seat did indeed provide me with the most frustrating 4 bolts I have ever had to deal with in my life. I like the seat (and have always had good luck with Mustang seats in the past) but I haven't decided if it was worth the money or the effort involved in getting the damn thing installed.

BadDawg
08-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Not aware of first generation issues with this seat, but do know it was difficult lining the bolt holes up the first time installing. The second time was much easier as I read the directions and watched an installation video. http://www.mustangseats.com/Mustang/Honda-F6B-Seat-Installation-

There are also tapered bolts that are supposed to make the install easier. I just ordered these last week from WingStuff.com / Part number and description is: WSF6SB4: Rust Free Easy Mount Seat Bolts for F6B

Hope this helps,
Rich

I had the tapered bolts before the seat. I'll have to check the video out. Thanks.