PDA

View Full Version : Honda extended warranty purchase...

hgslayr
08-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Purchased a 4 yr honda extended warranty which the salesman said would make my warranty 7 yrs total but I received the warranty packet and it says the warranty starts from the date of purchase...WTF?
Why would the extended warranty run during the normal honda 3 yr warranty?
Anyone else have this happen or is Honda hoping people wont noticed...So in other words I paid 600 for 1 year...

bobsF6B
08-05-2015, 11:02 PM
There has to be some mistake on that, a 4yr extended should give you a total of 7yrs

maxrider
08-05-2015, 11:03 PM
No my friend, rest assured, you will have seven yrs, starting the day of initial purchase of the vehicle.

The nice thing is you have seven yrs of benefits, the towing which is included in your package start from the day you purchased until the seven yrs are up.

Some folks buy the $600 policy when the 3 yrs are up, and collect interest on the $600 for 3 yrs, however I looked at it from another point of view, and figured that the road towing was more value then the interest of $600 for 3 yrs.

But you not getting Scre.., in this :).

Now on the line you quoted : Anyone else have this happen or is Honda hoping people wont noticed...So in other words I paid 600 for 1 year...,

If you already owned this vehicle for the last 6 yrs, and or it was registered for it first sale date 6 yrs ago, then yes you only have 1 yr left, it is based from initial purchase date, regardless owner(s).
In which case I go visit the salesman:(.

hgslayr
08-05-2015, 11:18 PM
It states coverage is from 2015 to 2019..Doesnt make any sense so I guess I'll have to visit the salesman...Thanks for everyones input..

maxrider
08-05-2015, 11:43 PM
Yes Sir post up with the results, I like to believe it is a typo, however keep us in the loop.

Phantom
08-06-2015, 12:13 AM
It states coverage is from 2015 to 2019..Doesnt make any sense so I guess I'll have to visit the salesman...Thanks for everyones input..

If it is a "AFTER-MARKET" secondary warranty policy from another company other then Mother Honda ... CANCEL it and get your money back and buy one from Honda of Russellville for less money and it is a true "Honda" 4 year extended warranty.:shrug:

hgslayr
08-06-2015, 12:23 AM
I purchased a 4 yr Honda warranty...Will keep you guys posted on what happens...

khahn
08-06-2015, 07:52 AM
Like everyone has said, should be in addition to the factory warranty. I just bought my bike and got the 4 yr extended warranty. The warranty expires in 2022. (2022?:yikes: , I might expire before the warranty does)