PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of rack with backrest

Pedro66
08-02-2013, 03:19 PM
If someone has a minute could they take a picture of how the stock rack mounts if you have a backrest

Thanks

Steve 0080
08-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Not sure what I have on file here....the rack how it attaches to the bike???? Sorry don't have a pic here and I have removed my rack as well.......short spacers in the front, long spacers in the back, same with bolts...hope this helps.....

Pedro66
08-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Not sure what I have on file here....the rack how it attaches to the bike???? Sorry don't have a pic here and I have removed my rack as well.......short spacers in the front, long spacers in the back, same with bolts...hope this helps.....

Yes I think I got it now found some online, we had a customer wanting us to make some racks similar to the OEM but wider, went ahead and made them then the thought struck me I had not considered the backrest but all seems well from what I could see, other than the $100+ cost for the mounts so we started to make some of those also

Mike
08-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Here ya go.

bobbyf6b
08-02-2013, 10:22 PM
I really like the Honda rack, I just haven't gotten one yet.

Pedro66
08-02-2013, 10:37 PM
I really like the Honda rack, I just haven't gotten one yet.

Yes it's sharp but just a little small for some folks I guess hence the request we got

Phantom
08-02-2013, 11:27 PM
The more choices the merrier.....

It seems like several are tackling this rear rack and coming up with an alternative

srkeet
08-03-2013, 10:45 AM
:nono: Hey Y'll,

Just three months after buying my F6B, my lovely wife decides to sell her 650 Burgman and ride behind me for awhile. We're so used to having two bikes and no shortage of storage. Now, at least for awhile, riding two up, we need helmet hooks, and a quick-disconnect, el cheapo (un barato) trunk, large enuf to fit some stuff. Has anyone contemplated this yet, besides Pedro, down there in Florida? The trunk wouldn't have to be a beauty, but just something for traveling. Of course, we bought these gems partially because they did NOT have trunks! Life, and the people rolling thru it, can be quirky.

Remember that every distracted driver is a bullet- don't let them print your name on it!

God bless,

srkeet

timjoebob
08-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Mine was installed by Honda of Russellville before I flew out there to pick up my bike. I've taken the seat off and put the spacers back. The silver spacers, I believe, are HOR's... I could be wrong. They said they had to rig it to fit with the spacers because of the Corbin seat. I'm not sure I understand why because when reassembling everything, it seemed like you could've done without them.