PDA

View Full Version : I Phone 5 Connectivity

Fluegs
08-02-2013, 04:41 PM
I have been fighting a ghost with listening to music on my Iphone connected to the usb port in the left saddelbag. It will play fine most of the time, but it will stop playing for no reason and give me an error message. So far I have seen "usb error while playing" and "device not supported" (not at the same time).
Is anyone else having this problem, or know how to fix it? I assume it is a setting on my phone, but can not find it, or figure out why it is so random.

Pedro66
08-02-2013, 05:23 PM
I have been fighting a ghost with listening to music on my Iphone connected to the usb port in the left saddelbag. It will play fine most of the time, but it will stop playing for no reason and give me an error message. So far I have seen "usb error while playing" and "device not supported" (not at the same time).
Is anyone else having this problem, or know how to fix it? I assume it is a setting on my phone, but can not find it, or figure out why it is so random.

Which cable are you using to connect

Fluegs
08-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Which cable are you using to connect

I used the one that came with the phone. Are there different kinds?

Pedro66
08-02-2013, 08:16 PM
I used the one that came with the phone. Are there different kinds?

Yes but thats not the issue if its direct, the USB on this bike seems touchy especially if you use certain cables (Thats what I found)

Fluegs
08-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Yes but thats not the issue if its direct, the USB on this bike seems touchy especially if you use certain cables (Thats what I found)

Have you found a cable that works well? I have no problem getting hardware to make this work constantly if that's what it takes.

bobbyf6b
08-02-2013, 10:08 PM
I had an issue with my iPod last weekend. It was playing fine until I stopped for gas and restarted the bike. It quit playing. It was on and I could change songs but it wouldn't play. After trying everything I could think of I finally figured out to re-boot the iPod and that fixed it. Maybe try re-booting your phone, if you haven't already.

Fluegs
08-03-2013, 08:41 AM
I had an issue with my iPod last weekend. It was playing fine until I stopped for gas and restarted the bike. It quit playing. It was on and I could change songs but it wouldn't play. After trying everything I could think of I finally figured out to re-boot the iPod and that fixed it. Maybe try re-booting your phone, if you haven't already.

I have tried that as well as turning the bike off, diconnecting the phone, restarting the music and changing the input on the bike. Sometimes one of these things works and sometimes none of them work! This is why I refer to the problem as a ghost, it is elusive and I can not duplicate the cause or the cure. I have even gotten the error message while it was playing fine. Other times it stops playing the music , but shows no problem messeage.
Of course this is not a big deal around home where I can get several good fm stations, but I would like to get it figured out before our trip next month. Other than this problem the f6b is fantastic!

bobbyf6b
08-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Have you tried using another device to see if it happens again? I'm not saying it's your phone but who knows. Could be a bad cable too. Just a little jiggle in the wire might cause it to hiccup.

Dark Knight
08-03-2013, 07:55 PM
I use an iPhone 4S with iPhone cable; works perfect for me.