PDA

View Full Version : F6B real cruise control

stevenolts
08-07-2015, 01:57 PM
I think I may be ready to move up to real cruise control. What is the best system to buy and how much does it cost?
Is it an install your self project?

I currently have the Go Cruise black aluminum which works OK for some hand relief but it is definitely not real cruise control.
Steve
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ERXG4TM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

stevenolts
08-07-2015, 02:03 PM
What is it and where do I buy it?

F6B1911
08-07-2015, 03:07 PM
That's a tough one!
A "Real" cruise control would be something installed by the manufacturer during the bike build on the assembly line?
Can't imagine the parts cost and the labor on that.
I think there were a few threads here on something very close to an OEM cruise, do a search on that.

I have never had a "Real" cruise control on a motorcycle, my last two bikes had a friction screw in the handgrip assembly and it worked fine for me.
When I picked up my F6B, I felt the need for some throttle relief, I picked up the Kaoko, it was the closest thing to what I previously used, and, for me, it works perfectly.
In my case, it was how can I get something as close to what I was accustomed to.

Let us know what route you end up taking on the "real cruise control."

seadog
08-07-2015, 03:48 PM
There is always put it back as close to stock as you can and trade it for an F6B Deluxe with real cruise control. An aftermarket will never be as good as the stock one that comes on the Deluxe.

stevenolts
08-07-2015, 04:18 PM
What about something called Maccruise and Rosta or something like that. I thought I read a long time ago that they are real cruise control.

Jimmytee
08-07-2015, 05:46 PM
There is a "real Cruise control" add on that is supposed to be practically plug and play , works as good or better than the one you'd get on a 15 and cost near $1000. I think we're forbidden to mention them here though.:shhh:

stevenolts
08-07-2015, 06:25 PM
What reason would there be that we are forbidden to mention here?

Jimmytee
08-07-2015, 08:37 PM
What reason would there be that we are forbidden to mention here?

Because they are not a forum sponsor. You named the name that shall not be repeated.:nono: :icon_wink: The first one

You have a PM

Nibelunge
08-12-2015, 12:26 PM
Hi,

thanks a lot, Jimmytee it helped me:039:

Best regards
Alex

No Handle Sam
08-12-2015, 01:35 PM
There is a "real Cruise control" add on that is supposed to be practically plug and play , works as good or better than the one you'd get on a 15 and cost near $1000. I think we're forbidden to mention them here though.:shhh:

Can you PM the info to me as well?

pitcherd
08-13-2015, 08:20 PM
This may sound crazy but can you get the cruise that is on the 2015 installed on the 2013 or is there a difference in the ECU or something that would make it impossible?

BIGLRY
08-13-2015, 08:27 PM
This may sound crazy but can you get the cruise that is on the 2015 installed on the 2013 or is there a difference in the ECU or something that would make it impossible?Not impossible with enough $ anything can be done. What is missing is the controls on the handle bars which can be bought and a few of the wires in the harness which can be installed along with the mounting brackets and associated plug & play parts. I suspect if you wanted an OEM complete cruise control it will set you back a lot more $ than any of the good aftermarket ones out there. IMO :icon_biggrin:

Greg O
08-13-2015, 09:17 PM
Find a wrecked 2015 and you can get all the parts needed.

jkelley
08-14-2015, 05:47 AM
modules, ECM, wiring harness, controls all different, and missing relays etc.

Aftermarket would be cheaper.

stevenolts
08-14-2015, 08:10 AM
I ordered the Auzzie Cruise two days ago. I got an email last night saying it was shipped.
Everything I have read on the internet said this is the system to buy for the F6B aftermarket cruise control.
I read that it is time consuming but not that difficult.

Last night I stopped by my local Honda dealer and the service manager said exactly the same thing. He heard from a customer that installed it that it is not difficult just takes a lot of time. (He also recommended this system as the one to buy) You must be careful not to damage the plastic parts and be methodical so you can put it all back together properly with no scratches, scuffs, or broken parts.

The dealer would charge me $380.00 to install. (but he said I should try it myself because it should not be that hard if I usually do my own work etc...)

I will buy the service DVD's before I take the bike apart. I think there are supposed to be some info on how to disassemble the bike without damaging plastic tabs etc...

Which DVDs are the best.
Steve

Bmacs
08-14-2015, 10:36 AM
Steve,

They email you the instructions and they are VERY DETAILED - they tell you EVERY step required - including removing all of the tupperware. Read them over at least 5-6 times BEFORE you start the job and you will be just fine. You don't need the service manuals if you are simply doing the cruise install. If, by slim chance, you do run into issues - the phone support is fantastic (and quite a few folks on this board have done this job as well...).

Good luck with the job - You will not be disappointed in the results!

Bill

I ordered the Auzzie Cruise two days ago. I got an email last night saying it was shipped.
Everything I have read on the internet said this is the system to buy for the F6B aftermarket cruise control.
I read that it is time consuming but not that difficult.

Last night I stopped by my local Honda dealer and the service manager said exactly the same thing. He heard from a customer that installed it that it is not difficult just takes a lot of time. (He also recommended this system as the one to buy) You must be careful not to damage the plastic parts and be methodical so you can put it all back together properly with no scratches, scuffs, or broken parts.

The dealer would charge me $380.00 to install. (but he said I should try it myself because it should not be that hard if I usually do my own work etc...)

I will buy the service DVD's before I take the bike apart. I think there are supposed to be some info on how to disassemble the bike without damaging plastic tabs etc...

Which DVDs are the best.
Steve