PDA

View Full Version : Need a new Clock ...

Bagger
08-07-2015, 06:13 PM
After riding the new '15 F6B for a bit, I find that Honda made some changes to the bike that I do not particularly like.

One ... the central display screen now seems to be different somehow from that on my 2001 Wing. And, I don't care for it.

My Wing's screen is very easy to read in direct sunlight ... even when sun shines directly on the screen. All the displays are vivid and contrast is terrific.

The "New Screen" ... not so much. Although, the 2 screens seem very alike.

1st ... the new clock is in the upper left hand corner of the center screen. Nearly illegible at any time and the size of the display is tiny. The old Wing had the clock in the upper left hand area under the tacometer. Very EZ to read.

Sitting in my garage on center stands, the displays are very alike and EZ to read. But, when I'm in the sunlight, I can't seem to see the time, or the bottom displays very well on the F6B.

Anyone have similar issues? Or, is it just me?

edgeman55
08-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Have you checked your settings the resolution may be turned down-Kind of like a brightness control which can be turned up or down.

98valk
08-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Hi,
I added an analog clock to my F6. The real reason was to fill a hole that I put in there for a volt meter (wanted to move the voltmeter).

The advantage that I got out of it is that it runs all the time (without the bike on). It uses a couple of milliamps (negligible). It is really is handy. I can see the time without turning on the bike. Second, it is real easy to read (vs that itty bitty digital clock).

I bought a marine/waterproof version. I wanted the black one with white hands, but it was scratched up. So, I got the red hands (was in a hurry). It doesn't go with the other gauges as well, but it's okay. I added blue backlighting to make it acceptable.

Anyway, consider adding a second clock that runs all the time and is easy to read. I wouldn't necessarily install it where mine is. It's hard to see when driving, but then I use the itty bitty one :).

BTW, for anyone noticing that stupid rusty bolt. That was the result of adding Helibars with MBL risers. I have since found a 7/8" black plastic cap for that. I put an "O" ring on it and it is perfect. :yes:

Steve 0080
08-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Very nice clock !!!!!!

mtcgun
08-08-2015, 05:51 PM
turn up the screen contrast/brightness, whatever they call it.. owners manual tells you how .

Bagger
08-08-2015, 07:04 PM
So ... I have to read the owner's manual, eh? :)

I hate that. But, thanx guys. I'll give it a try.

Figured since I have a Wing, that the F6B would be same/same. Not so much.

I do have an analog white faced billet clock coming from Amazon in a couple days. I need a larger sized clock than the one provided. And, one at near eye level, too.

Thanx again.

98valk
08-09-2015, 08:25 PM
I do have an analog white faced billet clock coming from Amazon in a couple days. I need a larger sized clock than the one provided. And, one at near eye level, too.

Thanx again.

Sounds good. Would like to see it mounted when you are all done.

Bagger
08-10-2015, 06:35 AM
Well, turned up the contrast / brightness to maximum. Still can't see the darn thing.

I think it's the amount of over hang from the shelf above the screen that allows sun to glare off the screen. The screen seems just like my GWings. But, it sure doesn't look the same in practice.

The analog clock is on it's way via Amazon Prime. I'll post a photo of the installation when it arrives.