PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new helmet

Jimmytee
08-08-2015, 04:52 AM
So I did a Poker run a few weeks ago and won $100 gift card to a local motorcycle shop. The sell a lot of HD accessories and have a mix of bikes (all used) but more Harley than anything. I've bought quite a few things from them . Mostly leather. I finally stopped in there yesterday and was checking out what I could get with me $100.:icon_wink:

I came across these Stealth modular helmets. Looked them up online and the reviews seemed reasonably good. I tried on a XXL and it felt good. I have been wanting to get a modular helmet for the colder weather riding. Well, the price was $170 something. A bit more than what they can be had for online , but they give a 10% discount to Veterans and military. Then I sprung the $100 gift card and voila, I'm walking out the door with a pretty nice modular helmet for $62 after sales tax. It feels comfortable, but I haven't ridden with it yet. Doubt I see much riding time with it until the temps drop some.

http://www.amazon.com/Stealth-Vertice-Modular-Helmet-Black/dp/B00KRB27WG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpJ4eiyzU7s

wiggy
08-08-2015, 06:44 AM
That looks like a good pick in helmets, Jimmy. From the video, it looks to have some nice features...the lockable position for the chin bar, the ample vents, and the sealing features. A removable headliner is a must, imo.

It didn't mention if it had recesses for helmet speakers. If you go with a speaker system, get one with the boom mic for an open face helmet.

If this is your first flip helmet, you're really going to like it, I believe.:clap2:

Steve 0080
08-08-2015, 10:18 AM
The Mod helmets are great in the rain also !!!

Paul B Blues
08-08-2015, 11:10 AM
That is a good looking helmet. You certainly get a lot of good features for not that much money :congrats:

Deer Slayer
08-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Does it have a drop down sun visor? I will never be with out one again.:cheers:

Jimmytee
08-08-2015, 03:22 PM
That looks like a good pick in helmets, Jimmy. From the video, it looks to have some nice features...the lockable position for the chin bar, the ample vents, and the sealing features. A removable headliner is a must, imo.

It didn't mention if it had recesses for helmet speakers. If you go with a speaker system, get one with the boom mic for an open face helmet.

If this is your first flip helmet, you're really going to like it, I believe.:clap2:
Yes it has speaker pockets

Jimmytee
08-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Does it have a drop down sun visor? I will never be with out one again.:cheers:

Ye . The video shows the drop down sun visor.

BIGLRY
08-08-2015, 03:53 PM
I like to look of that one, now the big ? for me will be if the XXX will fit my size 8 1/4 head? The last one I bought a Scorpion EXO-CT220 did not.:icon_evil:
Need to find a store that will order and take back if it don't fit.

Jimmytee
08-08-2015, 05:25 PM
I like to look of that one, now the big ? for me will be if the XXX will fit my size 8 1/4 head? The last one I bought a Scorpion EXO-CT220 did not.:icon_evil:
Need to find a store that will order and take back if it don't fit.

Well the XXL fits really nice for.me and I have a good size head 7.5" or maybe a bit bigger theses days. Plus I was concerned about my cheeks being squeezed and not an issue at all. Really feels comfortable. I haven't rode with it though.

lmbsrb7
08-12-2015, 03:01 PM
I am on my third Vega helmet. Each upgrade better than the previous model. Currently have the Stealth and love it. I am sure you will too. I had a service issue a couple years ago on a previous model and got to speak to a real person at Vega who sent me parts for repair at no cost; then he called me back about ten days later to see if everything worked out. Likely a customer for life. Enjoy!