PDA

View Full Version : Baggershield question

moosedog
08-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Please help with some clarification (I can't find my answer on their website). I like the idea of the adjustable windshield but the 11" portion seems to low for me at 6' with 32" inseam, and the 19" to high as I hate looking through a windshield. Does the 19" measurement include the entire shield (including the part unseen) and thus not actually 19" from the rubber strip on the fairing? If it is 19 from the rubber strip it seems like anyone under 6'5" would have to look through it.

Baffled in Bloomfield

wiggy
08-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Please help with some clarification (I can't find my answer on their website). I like the idea of the adjustable windshield but the 11" portion seems to low for me at 6' with 32" inseam, and the 19" to high as I hate looking through a windshield. Does the 19" measurement include the entire shield (including the part unseen) and thus not actually 19" from the rubber strip on the fairing? If it is 19 from the rubber strip it seems like anyone under 6'5" would have to look through it.

Baffled in Bloomfield

Need some clarification from you. I'm also 6' and have a 32 inch inseam. When you say an 11 inch portion seems too low, I'd ask for what? It depends on how much wind you want hitting you. I bought the baggershield that you're asking about. There is a one inch slot in the 11 inch shield where it mounts so you can raise that(I did) to get a 12 inch height. I still get a good amount of air to the forehead area---but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing-especially since the air hits right at my helmet vents. Even with the 11 or 12 inch configuration, you can still hear the stereo just fine(can't with the stock shield) at 15-20 on the volume setting.

With the top section on, my combination is 20 inches and I get no air flow at all. I only had it up in this configuration once, but I think you are correct in that I was looking through the upper shield. I think this configuration would be more suited to having a passenger and not having their helmet/head getting buffeted all around.

Based on a chart I saw, if you're 6 foot and looking for the wind to get deflected over you but you still want to see over the shield, you'd want to try about a 15 inch shield. So, the 12" of the Baggershield works well for me. Lastly, I suppose the top section could be cut down to whatever height would allow you to just look over it. There are at least a couple videos on how to cut a shield.

I'm not home right now, but I do believe the measurements are from the rubber strip on the fairing. I can confirm that later if you like.

Dirtstiff's F6B
08-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Very accurate and correct discription, Wiggy.

Mine measures 12 5/8 " from the rubber strip or 10" vertically from the shelter.
Passenger only likes it with extension attached. I'm 6' 1" and I look over the top of the lower dark shield. I think it works perfectly, best of both worlds if you have to make a passenger happy..
Jim