PDA

View Full Version : Brake light flasher

stevenolts
08-08-2015, 09:29 PM
What is the forums recommendation for the best brake light flasher. I think this may be a must have safety item I need to add so I can be seen better.

Is there something for the front end to help other vehicles see your turning better etc...?
Steve

F6B1911
08-08-2015, 09:39 PM
I'm real happy with the Whelen TIR3.
There's quite a few threads here on how-to installs, did mine with the grommet, very neat and clean look.
People respect your space when you apply the brakes.

For the front, take a look at: http://store.valueaccessories.net/WhiteLEDLightRingsGoldWing12andF6B.aspx
They'll get the attention of everyone.

I'm still looking for something forward facing.... want something higher than the lower cowl.

stevenolts
08-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Did you get the Whelen TIR3 clear or red? Did you need to get the mounting bracket also? Are the stock F6B brake lights LED?
What do you think of the Kuryakyn 908 pulsating brake light controller?

Sorry about all the questions.
Steve

Steve 0080
08-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Everything anyone ever wanted to know is here....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2341-whelen-tir3-light&highlight=whelen

fxdl2051
08-09-2015, 12:44 AM
What is the forums recommendation for the best brake light flasher. I think this may be a must have safety item I need to add so I can be seen better.

Is there something for the front end to help other vehicles see your turning better etc...?
Steve

Kisan makes a headlight modulator and it works! It alternates between the hi and lo beams and they can reprogram it if you run LEDs. I've actually had people pull off the side of the road when these things are on, guess they think they're going to get a ticket. On the other hand when I turn them off, I've noticed a lot more people cut me off, so I pretty much ride with them on all the time, unless I approach another biker, in which case I courtesy quell them.

taxfree4
08-09-2015, 02:02 AM
I've got both the Pathblazer, headlight modulator, and the Tailblazer, tailight modulator, both from Kisan. They work just fine, as Shooter says the Pathblazer works on the high beam and comes with a light sensor so when you go through a tunnel or ride at night it will go from pulse to steady and cars do get out of your way. The Tailblazer goes from quick pulse to slow to steady when the brakes are applied. I recently was told to pull over by a cop who was standing at an intersection because he wanted to know why I was riding with my hazards on (He didn't know about the Pathblazer). After explaining, and demonstrating, both ends of the bike he asked for the name and manufacturer so he could buy them for his, cool guy.