PDA

View Full Version : New 2013 F6B. Now, whic assessories to buy?

YikesCops
08-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Just purchased a 2013 F6B standard, out of the crate. Love the bike. Now, which accessories to begin bolting on the thing? :-)

I've already ordered an OEM cover, and the Kuryakyn Premium Mini Boards. The pegs are, well, pegs.

Now, looking at upgrading the sound system, and the seat.

However, I was wondering what's on the top of everyone's shopping list? I know that we're all different, but I suspect some patterns in assessor buying are starting to emerge. What are the must-haves?

Thanks!

Greg O
08-09-2015, 05:12 PM
1. Belly pan
2. Highway pegs
3. Power outlet
4. Center stand
5. Better lighting for the rear
6. Taller windshield
7. Cruise control of some type
Heres a start for you.

YikesCops
08-09-2015, 08:01 PM
1. Belly pan
2. Highway pegs
3. Power outlet
4. Center stand
5. Better lighting for the rear
6. Taller windshield
7. Cruise control of some type
Heres a start for you.

Great. But "Belly pan"

Greg O
08-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Great. But "Belly pan"

It goes on the bottom of the bike to protect the oil filter and anti freeze reservoir.

F6B1911
08-09-2015, 08:25 PM
Great. But "Belly pan"

Yep, you want hear my belly pan experience?? I'll tell you anyway.

Was driving down I-94 between Detroit and Port Huron, the Sportster ahead of me lost his Back Rest / Rack. I had no option to swerve, ended up taking a hit to the belly pan and the lower cowl. The lower cowl shattered and the belly pan looked like it went through a blender.
The exhaust cover also is a bit bent, will need to be replaced for cosmetics.
I do believe the belly pan save the oil filter, and the undercarriage where it hit.

But the best part of this experience, the Sportster rider had just left the Harley dealer where he had the Back Rest / Rack installed. He also had the nerve to yell at me and the 3 car drivers for running over his parts !!

Steve 0080
08-09-2015, 09:10 PM
'welcome gang' Welcome to the board !!!

Seat First
Shield Second then go from there....

http://wingstuff.com/products/36093-macgyver-diamond-plated-belly-pan-for-gl1800-f6b?from_search=1 paint the edges black if you want..best/strongest on the market!

C'Ville
08-09-2015, 09:28 PM
Ultimate Seat is what I got.
Then google F6B cruise Australia, that would be the one, love my seat and my cruise.

BIGLRY
08-09-2015, 11:05 PM
'welcome gang' Welcome to the board !!!

Seat First
Shield Second then go from there....

http://wingstuff.com/products/36093-macgyver-diamond-plated-belly-pan-for-gl1800-f6b?from_search=1 paint the edges black if you want..best/strongest on the market!;2cents2;
+1

dickiedeals
08-10-2015, 05:19 AM
.welcome20.from sunny Florida:th_sunbathe:The Sky is the Limit. After you Buy Two or three Windshields, 960 Led Lights ,a Back Rack or Box, Electronic devices GPS, Radar, Different Grips, Hwy Pegs, Comfy seat, Key Knobs, Led turn signal lights on the front and rear sides etc. You will say you are done. Then something else will come along......Traxxion or Progressive Performance Suspension. Then some go to the Dark side............Yes we love to ride but equally as much we like installing, re-configuring,and adding do-dads. Oh yea if its before 2015 lets not forget adding cruise control..........When you think you are done, you're not...........:banghead:..............Dickie

YikesCops
08-10-2015, 06:09 AM
Yep, you want hear my belly pan experience?? I'll tell you anyway.

Was driving down I-94 between Detroit and Port Huron, the Sportster ahead of me lost his Back Rest / Rack. I had no option to swerve, ended up taking a hit to the belly pan and the lower cowl. The lower cowl shattered and the belly pan looked like it went through a blender.
The exhaust cover also is a bit bent, will need to be replaced for cosmetics.
I do believe the belly pan save the oil filter, and the undercarriage where it hit.

But the best part of this experience, the Sportster rider had just left the Harley dealer where he had the Back Rest / Rack installed. He also had the nerve to yell at me and the 3 car drivers for running over his parts !!

Belly pan ordered. Thanks.

Fla_rider
08-10-2015, 06:34 AM
Greg list isn't in any specific order I think so let's try to give Yikes a better list.

1. Yikes- it mostly depends on how you fit in the stock seat. If you happy then move to #2, if not there are plenty of threads to discuss this, but finding the right windscreen is nil if you change your sitting position.
2. Mostly everyone does change the windscreen. Again, plenty of threads to read on this subject.
3. More light on the rear, most of us use a TIR3 Welen light, that replaces the reflector perfectly.
4. Since you bought the Standard, the center Stand and if someone will be riding with you the backrest. I'd say were next.
5. If you need a Power outlet in the left cubby ok this one is fairly cheap it can go here. But I am considering running power to the gps on the windscreen up through the dash and not out of the left cubby.
6. Get the Puppies hand grips and Go-cruise. These are so cheap your'll wonder why you didn't do them first.
7.Sound System- actually the sound system if you set it up right isn't that bad. You have two sound controls to help that one is (AVC) Auto Volume Control. Gets louder the faster you go. Use a flash drive in the left saddlebag and a phone in the earplug in the left cubby you have all kinds of music.
8. Belly pan- it's like insurance for less than $70.

Tradition say's you gotta post a pic! .welcome20. from soggy Tampa, Fl

bertrider
08-10-2015, 08:06 AM
New windscreen first. For me, the wind buffeting was alot more annoying than my sore butt.

YikesCops
08-10-2015, 08:13 AM
Where is the best place to buy TIR3 Welen light?

YikesCops
08-10-2015, 08:14 AM
So, I see the deal with the belly pan. Lots of soft thin metal under there.

Fla_rider
08-10-2015, 08:34 AM
Where is the best place to buy TIR3 Welen light?

See this thread - http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2341-whelen-tir3-light&highlight=whelen (http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2341-whelen-tir3-light&highlight=whelen)

YikesCops
08-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Whelen TIR3 ordered.

YikesCops
08-10-2015, 08:49 AM
What's the best source for a center stand?

Fla_rider
08-10-2015, 09:24 AM
Center stands are removed to make trikes. Try Ebay!

Greg O
08-10-2015, 09:32 AM
What's the best source for a center stand?

Don't do what I did and buy the center stand from the dealer. There is a dealership that does trike conversions in Oklahoma that sells them for 60 bucks brand new, go that route and put it on yourself.

Bob Penn
08-10-2015, 11:08 AM
I too bought a 2013 standard left-over July 3, 2015. The deal was just too good to pass up, but before I took possession I had the dealer install the higher windscreen with a vent and a 1" lowering block ( I have 28" inseam ).
The windshield is fantastic Yesterday I was cruising down I-380 at 80 mph with a baseball cap on with no fear of sun-burn due to the loss of my hat. It was 85 degrees but with just the right amount of breeze coming through the adjustable vent, I was perfectly comfortable.
The lowering block's 1" reduction in seat height plus the 1" reduction gained by replacing the stock seat with a, Mustang, allows me to sit and be flat footed at the traffic lights.
The Mustang seat is comfortable but it lacks the ability to add a back rest. Something I got used to on my old bike and I will miss dearly unless somebody comes up with a fix.
As I've always done when buying a new bike, ordered the MFG shop manuals.
I also added Kury's bar adjustment kit which moved the handles 2" back and 1" up. That allows for a less aggressive set back riding position. Something that is probably more important to us old cruising farts then the younger riders.
I added a set of Kury's driver's floorboards w/controls and a set of the folding highway pegs that bolt on to the engine covers.
I added the smoke chrome luggage rack (note: a mounting kit sold separately is required to install it). A removable trunk will be added in the near future.
Now for my problem. After checking with the vender by phone about the compatibility, I ordered a set of Kury's black ISO gripes and a Breakaway cruise control (throttle lock). After installing the grips I found out they don't work together and Breakaway doesn't offer any alternative.
Anybody out there know of a good throttle lock that will work with the ISO grip?????
Second major problem I'm not sure if my SS check will cover all the goodies?

ths61
08-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Don't do what I did and buy the center stand from the dealer. There is a dealership that does trike conversions in Oklahoma that sells them for 60 bucks brand new, go that route and put it on yourself.

And don't forget the quarters. (http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3617-Installing-a-Center-Stand&highlight=quarters)

YikesCops
08-10-2015, 03:53 PM
By the way, what is this? It's smaller than it appears here, but pretty ugly. It's directly under the frame.15624

DaWadd
08-10-2015, 05:21 PM
By the way, what is this? It's smaller than it appears here, but pretty ugly. It's directly under the frame.15624

Coolant reservoir.

YikesCops
08-11-2015, 06:17 AM
Coolant reservoir.

Makes sense. Is it supposed to be a bit flexible? Never seen one there on my other bikes.

willtill
08-11-2015, 06:46 AM
Makes sense. Is it supposed to be a bit flexible? Never seen one there on my other bikes.

It's plastic... and will bend a little when you push it. My old Honda VTX had a coolant reservoir somewhat mounted in the same exposed way... never had an issue with it or damage from the road.

Some have made a small sheet metal shield for it; others use a full belly pan to protect it. I don't like the current belly shields available... may do a small sheet metal shield with 3m two sided tape.

Bagger
08-11-2015, 06:48 PM
I ordered my bike and ordered some things to add before it arrived ... which is another story.

I have an Ultimate Saddle on my Wing and like it a great deal, so I have one for the 6. Des does a great job! Very comfy.

The Windbender windscreen with large shelf on the Wing is great as well to mount my Garmin, Valentine 1 and GoPro .. and other stuff. So, I have one of these. Really quiet, EZ to install, great customer service and works very well and adjustable.

Bought a center stand from a dealer doing trike installations brand new and with all the springs and such.

New Garmain 7" screen nav ... new Valentine 1 radar detector.

Added, some black foam grip slip ons ... I have Grip Puppies, but these are different, but can't remember the brand. Sorry.

I have a Show Chrome dark smoke rear rack laying around to be installed soon ... once the pre-drilled bits arrive from Honda.

I debaged the front and rear of the bike for a cleaner appearance. Looks great.

Added, Bakerbuilt Mirror Wings and engine guard Wings to moderate heat/cold/air flow. Considering a full set of side mounted Baker Wings as I have on the Wing ... but, not sure if I'll enjoy "the LOOK". ?

Have a couple 12" Wehlen LED red/amber running/brake modules. Considering adding one to the rear end for more visibility. Very bright.

Need to have my Powerlet outlet added for winter riding, too.

Have Electrical Connection bright yellow cowl fogs ... REALLY BRIGHT! Love 'em.

May add mirror turn signal mirrors. ??

Have the Honda radio buttons to have the keys cut and added to the rear, fuel filler door and such. This weekend.

Have Traxxion full boat on the Wing and miss it on the 6. But, $3K is a bit more than I want to handle at this time.

As was posted .... there is a never ending flow of farkles. Just money and time.

Fla_rider
08-12-2015, 12:40 PM
I ordered my bike and ordered some things to add before it arrived ... which is another story.

I have an Ultimate Saddle on my Wing and like it a great deal, so I have one for the 6. Des does a great job! Very comfy.

The Windbender windscreen with large shelf on the Wing is great as well to mount my Garmin, Valentine 1 and GoPro .. and other stuff. So, I have one of these. Really quiet, EZ to install, great customer service and works very well and adjustable.

Bought a center stand from a dealer doing trike installations brand new and with all the springs and such.

New Garmain 7" screen nav ... new Valentine 1 radar detector.

Added, some black foam grip slip ons ... I have Grip Puppies, but these are different, but can't remember the brand. Sorry.

I have a Show Chrome dark smoke rear rack laying around to be installed soon ... once the pre-drilled bits arrive from Honda.

I debaged the front and rear of the bike for a cleaner appearance. Looks great.

Added, Bakerbuilt Mirror Wings and engine guard Wings to moderate heat/cold/air flow. Considering a full set of side mounted Baker Wings as I have on the Wing ... but, not sure if I'll enjoy "the LOOK". ?

Have a couple 12" Wehlen LED red/amber running/brake modules. Considering adding one to the rear end for more visibility. Very bright.

Need to have my Powerlet outlet added for winter riding, too.

Have Electrical Connection bright yellow cowl fogs ... REALLY BRIGHT! Love 'em.

May add mirror turn signal mirrors. ??

Have the Honda radio buttons to have the keys cut and added to the rear, fuel filler door and such. This weekend.

Have Traxxion full boat on the Wing and miss it on the 6. But, $3K is a bit more than I want to handle at this time.

As was posted .... there is a never ending flow of farkles. Just money and time.

We'll be expecting a pic cuz - :postpics: