PDA

View Full Version : Message on your start up screen

bobbyf6b
08-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Now that I figured out how to change the message on the start up screen I've been having some fun with it. How about sharing what you've come up with.

STEALTHRIDER was another one I had but changed it.

bobbyf6b
08-02-2013, 10:55 PM
969 :headbang:

bobbyf6b
08-02-2013, 10:56 PM
My latest one:

Texas TC
08-03-2013, 04:41 PM
I played with mine for a while and then deleted the banner altogether. I like it best without fanfare. :clap2:

Trike lady
08-04-2013, 05:52 PM
At least you have nice greetings on yours.
I had a customer who brought in his trike for work and the opening greeting on his was 'Dumb Ass'.
I asked him about it and his wife calls him that when he doesn't do something right or forgets something important.

Coyote1998
08-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Now that I figured out how to change the message on the start up screen I've been having some fun with it. How about sharing what you've come up with.

STEALTHRIDER was another one I had but changed it.

I would like to know if you can get rid of the Welcome to the Gold Wing World?????:shock:

MichaelG
08-09-2013, 06:28 PM
I would like to know if you can get rid of the Welcome to the Gold Wing World?????:shock:

Yes, you can. On one of those rare moments when the owners manual is actually good for something...carefully read the manual, and follow directions, and it will lead you to make your own welcome and goodbye signs.:icon_razz:

Texas TC
08-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Yes, you can. On one of those rare moments when the owners manual is actually good for something...carefully read the manual, and follow directions, and it will lead you to make your own welcome and goodbye signs.:icon_razz:

Yep, that is exactly what I did.:bowdown:

bobbyf6b
08-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Yep, that is exactly what I did.:bowdown:

I guess I'll have to look at the book again. I only read how to change the words on the bottom. It still says Welcome to the Goldwing World and See You! Are you saying you can change that part too?

MichaelG
08-09-2013, 07:20 PM
I guess I'll have to look at the book again. I only read how to change the words on the bottom. It still says Welcome to the Goldwing World and See You! Are you saying you can change that part too?

It will still say...WELCOME. And it will still say....SEE YOU. But you can add your own tag lines onto that, so it could say....Welcome Miles, and See You Miles.

Or...Welcome Steve....and....See You Steve.

Or...maybe even.......Welcome Bobby....and See You Bobby.

You get the idea

bobbyf6b
08-09-2013, 07:28 PM
It will still say...WELCOME. And it will still say....SEE YOU. But you can add your own tag lines onto that, so it could say....Welcome Miles, and See You Miles.

Or...Welcome Steve....and....See You Steve.

Or...maybe even.......Welcome Bobby....and See You Bobby.

You get the idea

Kinda like what this thread was started about. Weird. :twitch:

bobbyf6b
08-09-2013, 07:29 PM
At least you have nice greetings on yours.
I had a customer who brought in his trike for work and the opening greeting on his was 'Dumb Ass'.
I asked him about it and his wife calls him that when he doesn't do something right or forgets something important.

That's hilarious! :icon_lol:

Texas TC
08-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Or...you can delete the entire celebration start and finish. Follow the directions and play around with it and you can eliminate the banner entirely. Man, I wish I had kept notes. My 65 year old brain cannot remember exactly what I did to completely eliminate everything but it worked when I did it.

bobbyf6b
08-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Or...you can delete the entire celebration start and finish. Follow the directions and play around with it and you can eliminate the banner entirely. Man, I wish I had kept notes. My 65 year old brain cannot remember exactly what I did to completely eliminate everything but it worked when I did it.

Every time I mess with it, it takes a few tries to get to the Set screen. I put mine back to the Honda wing screen. The Welcome to the Goldwing World and See You! was getting annoying.

unsub
08-19-2013, 06:50 PM

Option to turn celebration "off"

Setup / Next / opt to turn SPL "off"

Side note: I think SPL is short for splash screen.

bobbyf6b
09-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Here's my new one.