PDA

View Full Version : Ride Like A Pro classes

flat6bagger
08-11-2015, 06:27 AM
Have any of you taken the actual "Ride Like A Pro" class at the New Port Richey,Florida training area?
Here is a link to the program if you are not aware of what it is.

https://www.ridelikeapro.com/rider-classes/

I used the "Ride Like A Pro" DVDs back when I had my Royal Star Venture with great success.
The F6B is a whole different animal.
I am planning to ride down and take the actual course in September to find out what I don't know about riding a F6B and hopefully correct that.
I will then practice constantly as I did with the DVDs.

Doug

shooter
08-11-2015, 06:33 AM
Doug when I ride solo no problems. I practice my slow speed maneuvers and handle the bike good. Two up is a whole different animal. I'm still learning. My first wife only rode with me once. So I didn't ride two up till 1 year ago. Thought I could do anything on a MC. You put my wife on the back and I'm almost like a rookie. I should be good at it by the time I'm too old to do it.

flat6bagger
08-11-2015, 06:44 AM
I do ok on my F6B solo or with a passenger.
I just want to be better than Ok.
I can not get used to the maneuvers on this bike as I did on the RSV.
I could go so slow in a circle on the RSV that I could almost stop mid turn and let it rest on the crash bar.(overly stated to emphasize my point).
This bike is a different story.
Slow speeds straight line are no problem.
It is the turning around at slow speeds that are the issue for me for some reason.

Doug

stroguy
08-11-2015, 06:58 AM
I just can't get the first part of the throttle to cooperate in slow speed turns. Practice, practice, practice.

flat6bagger
08-11-2015, 07:12 AM
Practice is 100% correct.
The flip side to that is if you are not doing something correctly,you are practicing the same bad habits.
I know I do some of them wrong and want that habit broken.
I have the clutch.brake,throttle thing down pretty well.
I can almost sit still at a stop sign without my feet leaving the pegs for instance.
Non planned U turns in close quarters,well that's another story.:icon_lol:
I have spent $150 for a lot less productive things.

Doug

DaWadd
08-11-2015, 07:40 AM
Try doing your slow speed turns in second or third gear. Much easier once you get the hang of it. Less of a twitchy throttle than in first. It is amazing what you can actually do in third."coffee"

flat6bagger
08-11-2015, 07:44 AM
Da,
thanks for the tip.
I did notice when I took off in second by mistake a few times,it felt smoother.

Doug

dickiedeals
08-11-2015, 08:03 AM
I could turn the Harley on a dime dragging the running boards the whole way as learned from Ride Like a Pro... On the F6B I can't find the "friction zone". Not sure it has one. I do better in second gear but know I need work.. I'm not satisfied with my slow speed maneuvering on the F6B. When my shoulder is a bit more healed I plan to take the course. I'm sure they can help me. Its a great school.It doesn't matter how advanced your riding they always teach you something..........:icon_biggrin:........Dickie

flat6bagger
08-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Looks like there is a good chance I will be riding down to New Port Richey,Fla over labor day.
Working out details in the next couple of days.
I know it is the same days as the rally.
Truth is after working in a maximum security prison for over 27 years, a side effect is I can not do crowds.
Even friendly ones.

Doug

stroguy
08-11-2015, 01:05 PM
I leave Franklin Sunday for Jacksonville and then back through the panhandle to Houston on Tuesday. Maybe lunch if our paths cross.

If it makes you feel more comfortable we could treat you like dirt and smear ourselves with feces. Stop on by.

flat6bagger
08-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Stro,
I will keep you posted on the timing for lunch,etc.
As far as...

"If it makes you feel more comfortable we could treat you like dirt and smear ourselves with feces. Stop on by."

To make me feel "more comfortable" like I was back working, you would have to mix that feces with sour milk,jheri curl juice and urine in a milk carton.
Then let it sit for about a week.
After that week you would pick a time when I was busy and call out "hey Police,come ear!"
When I would get to your cell,open your food hatch in the door and lean down to hear you over all the noise,you would then throw it in my face or all over me.
Welcome to my world for 18 out of my 27 years in Corrections.
I just can't figure out why I am like I am.:icon_lol:

Doug

stroguy
08-11-2015, 02:29 PM
You are a better man than me, thanks for your dedication and sacrifice. Hope we can hook up in F L A somewhere.

flat6bagger
08-11-2015, 02:41 PM
You are a better man than me, thanks for your dedication and sacrifice. Hope we can hook up in F L A somewhere.

Thanks and I am going over what I have to arrange with family to make this happen.
I will keep you posted through a pm when I know more.

Doug

F6B1911
08-11-2015, 04:36 PM
I just can't get the first part of the throttle to cooperate in slow speed turns. Practice, practice, practice.

Try a throttle lock, such as a Throttlemeister or a Kaoko.
Once you have the correct tension set, every bit of a twist is consistent.

shooter
08-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Stro,
I will keep you posted on the timing for lunch,etc.
As far as...

"If it makes you feel more comfortable we could treat you like dirt and smear ourselves with feces. Stop on by."

To make me feel "more comfortable" like I was back working, you would have to mix that feces with sour milk,jheri curl juice and urine in a milk carton.
Then let it sit for about a week.
After that week you would pick a time when I was busy and call out "hey Police,come ear!"
When I would get to your cell,open your food hatch in the door and lean down to hear you over all the noise,you would then throw it in my face or all over me.
Welcome to my world for 18 out of my 27 years in Corrections.
I just can't figure out why I am like I am.:icon_lol:

Doug

Doug a good man should not have to endure that. In my world you should be able to take him out of his cell , tie him up , then kick him in the nuts till he apologizes. He would never do that again. Problem solved. I promise you Doug , my world would be a great place to live.

stroguy
08-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Try a throttle lock, such as a Throttlemeister or a Kaoko.
Once you have the correct tension set, every bit of a twist is consistent.

Thanks, will check it out.

M61A1MECH
08-12-2015, 05:15 AM
Have any of you taken the actual "Ride Like A Pro" class at the New Port Richey,Florida training area?
Here is a link to the program if you are not aware of what it is.

https://www.ridelikeapro.com/rider-classes/

I used the "Ride Like A Pro" DVDs back when I had my Royal Star Venture with great success.
The F6B is a whole different animal.
I am planning to ride down and take the actual course in September to find out what I don't know about riding a F6B and hopefully correct that.
I will then practice constantly as I did with the DVDs.

Doug

A friend of mine over in Springhill, FL, took that class at their training center inn NPR, he swears by them. He is not a member here, but he is over on the GL Forum and the 1800 Riders forum. Pop over there and look for Barracuda and send him a PM, tell him Steve K sent you.

I have seen their demos many times at Bikeweek, Biketoberfest and Leesburg, they will make a believer out you, one guy that performs at the events with them has a Goldwing, others have Harleys.

flat6bagger
08-12-2015, 06:22 AM
Steve K,
I don't want to join another forum.
There is no way to contact him there without doing that.
Thanks for the positive comment on the class.

Doug

M61A1MECH
08-12-2015, 11:24 AM
I will see if he can in touch with you some how.

flat6bagger
08-14-2015, 09:10 AM
Unfortunately I have to cancel going down to take the course.
We have family things going on (that I was just made aware of) during the time I was going.
Next Spring will be when I go.(I hope)

Doug