PDA

View Full Version : Extended warranty - How many of you purchased it?

Canuck_Doug
08-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Just curious how many people purchased extended warranty?
The F6B is so reliable, I'm not sure it's required.

willtill
08-11-2015, 07:06 PM
I opted to not purchase it; with the reservation that I still could within the 3 year original warranty. I've had a couple of Honda's before... I see no immediate need for an extended warranty.

Honda's are a solid bike. That's why I recently went back to one.

Take care of the Honda machine. It will take care of you. Unlike the recent P.O.S. 2011 Victory Vision that I just unloaded. With the worthless manufacturers warranty... trumpeted by the equal and inept Chesapeake Cycles dealer in Annapolis. :banghead:

Ridlikhel
08-11-2015, 07:12 PM
1 extra year came with my bike, so it was a freebie for me.

flat6bagger
08-11-2015, 07:41 PM
I did not.
I believe in the quality and reliability in a Honda.
Especially a Gold Wing.
Doug

opas ride
08-11-2015, 08:07 PM
I might next year if I get a good price and decide to keep the F6B..Never had the extended warranty on any Honda bikes so far and never needed it....Hope my luck holds out and I am pretty sure it will as the GW/F6B bikes have proven to be very reliable with normal use...Some have had front suspension issues, wobble, and steering head bearing problems, after several thousands of miles etc. But so far so good for me.....

maxrider
08-11-2015, 08:10 PM
It all comes down to what you are comfortable with, for me it was $9 a month for the next 5 1/2 yrs, including towing.

So far the only time in my lifetime I have used an extended warranty was with a Toyota which broke down with issues right at the 99000 mile mark, 1000 miles before expiration of the warranty, cost of repairs $1000, I paid $450 for the policy and used it for 6 yrs.

And although I buy in the belief that Honda, and many other Japanese bikes are reliable, stuff happens and will happen eventually:icon_wink:

Canuck_Doug
08-11-2015, 08:13 PM
I did not.
I believe in the quality and reliability in a Honda.
Especially a Gold Wing.
Doug

I'm inclined to agree Doug. I've owned a number of Honda bikes over the years and they've all proven to be reliable. Although this is only my first season with my 2013 F6B, I'm going to let April 2016 come and go without worrying about a major breakdown.

okf6b
08-11-2015, 08:17 PM
I opted to purchase it. At $540, it was too good to pass up. It's a plus if I sell the bike at some point. The warranty can always be canceled with a refund. Before I purchased my F6B in March, I'd purchased a 4 yr for my 2012 Wing that was coming up to the 3 yr mark. I traded my Wing on the F6B a week before my 3 years was up and Honda refunded the Wing warranty purchase price less a $25 fee.

Most of the time extended warranties are a waste of money but they make me feel better when the price is right. On the flip side, it doesn't take much of a repair to make a warranty worth it. There's no right or wrong answer. It's whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Fla_rider
08-11-2015, 08:43 PM
I think you will find most of us did.

Greg O
08-11-2015, 09:12 PM
I opted to not purchase it; with the reservation that I still could within the 3 year original warranty. I've had a couple of Honda's before... I see no immediate need for an extended warranty.

Honda's are a solid bike. That's why I recently went back to one.

Take care of the Honda machine. It will take care of you. Unlike the recent P.O.S. 2011 Victory Vision that I just unloaded. With the worthless manufacturers warranty... trumpeted by the equal and inept Chesapeake Cycles dealer in Annapolis. :banghead:

I opted to purchase it. At $540, it was too good to pass up. It's a plus if I sell the bike at some point. The warranty can always be canceled with a refund. Before I purchased my F6B in March, I'd purchased a 4 yr for my 2012 Wing that was coming up to the 3 yr mark. I traded my Wing on the F6B a week before my 3 years was up and Honda refunded the Wing warranty purchase price less a $25 fee.

Most of the time extended warranties are a waste of money but they make me feel better when the price is right. On the flip side, it doesn't take much of a repair to make a warranty worth it. There's no right or wrong answer. It's whatever makes you feel comfortable.
I am also thinking about purchasing the extended warranty.I found a dealership in Iowa that will sell it to me for 540 also with the roadside assistance. I would not pay a dime over that though.

BIGLRY
08-11-2015, 09:27 PM
Since I did a straight up trade with no cash involved... two Honda Runes for one 2013 Black Deluxe F6B , part of the deal was the extended warranty, two pens of touch up paint, service manual and a full tank of fuel. I have no idea if I'll ever use the warranty as I never did on my original VTX1800 that I put over 80K miles on in the first 7 years, but I have it on the F6B just in case...:icon_lol:

BuzzzPhotos
08-11-2015, 09:43 PM
I went in with others from this site & purchased the extended warranty for $500.00ea. Not sure how many purchased but if a number of you guys went for a group deal I know from experience the deal is there. I suggest doing it by PM so you don't stir the pot.

JackB
08-11-2015, 09:43 PM
I also bought it. Mine came with a 4 year warranty so I got 3 years for $400.
cheap insurance

moe113097
08-15-2015, 01:02 PM
where can I get genuine honda 4 year extended warranty for $400? down here in south florida they are asking for $800 plus 180 if i want towing service.

Moe

valkmc
08-15-2015, 02:24 PM
where can I get genuine honda 4 year extended warranty for $400? down here in south florida they are asking for $800 plus 180 if i want towing service.

Moe

Florida has screwed up laws. They consider it an insurance policy. Not sure how it works but if your bike is registered in Florida the plan according to mother Honda can only be purchased in Florida. Went thru it with the Valk and Wing. Lots of explanations on the wing board!

moe113097
08-15-2015, 07:19 PM
According to dealer Florida regulates price and can't be discounted.

Has anyone used xtraride powersport insurance ? Can get it for 600 for 4 years

Cool Hand Luke
08-15-2015, 07:35 PM
I bought it. I did it because I expect to own this bike for at least that long or longer. I also got $2700 off the msrp so I was able to add 4 extra years of coverage for $500 at the time of purchase. I like the piece of mind it provides, and also it is a good selling point if by any reason I decide to sell the bike within that period as the warranty is transferable.

moe113097
08-15-2015, 07:56 PM
I'm on the fence still want to talk to them Monday and find out what their limitations are za

okiedoc
08-16-2015, 11:11 AM
I have not bought the extended warranty, not to say I won't down the road. I have bought them on other vehicles and have never used them.