PDA

View Full Version : Paint is Looking Better

Paul B Blues
08-12-2015, 09:20 AM
Finally think I'm getting somewhere with my paintwork. This shine is thanks to some Liquid Glass, and Meguiar's Black Wax, and a little sunshine :icon_cool:

wiggy
08-12-2015, 10:46 AM
Finally think I'm getting somewhere with my paintwork. This shine is thanks to some Liquid Glass, and Meguiar's Black Wax, and a little sunshine :icon_cool:

NICE! My bike is a 2013 that I bought brand new one month ago. Having sat in a crate for 2 years gave the paint plenty of time to cure. :lolup:

So far, I've got about 7 coats of Liquid Glass on it. I have used Meguires Spray Detailer a time or two. So it's ok to alternate the Black wax in with the Liquid Glass? I was kinda
wondering if I went with Liquid Glass and then say a Carnuba type product if they'd be a mismatch.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

flat6bagger
08-12-2015, 11:02 AM
Where is the thread about how to do it correctly?
What do you guys do to prep the paint before doing it.
I can't seem to get all the bug marks off.
I don't want to seal them in.
sort of high jacked the thread,but it is related.

Doug

Paul B Blues
08-12-2015, 11:33 AM
A couple of months ago I took my bike to a friend of mine who runs professional valeting shop. He spend a few hours prepping the paintwork before adding 3 coats of Liquid Glass. This has given me a good base to start with, and I've added two more coats "The weather here has been terrible since May" otherwise I'd have done a few more. There was a guy on the F6B Facebook who added some pictures of his bike, and the shine was just incredible. He said he uses a combination of LG and Black Wax, so I got some and used it this morning and for me it worked. I have the LG Pre-wash which it recommends to use before adding more coats, so I'll probably use it next time.

Doug, I have been using Angelwax snow foam on my new Audi S5 and it works a treat at taking the bugs off. This morning I used it on my bike, not to jet wash, just to add the snow foam. Waited 10mins, rinsed it off with a hose and all the bugs came off, same as my car. Hope it helps.

Apache1
08-12-2015, 02:01 PM
A couple of months ago I took my bike to a friend of mine who runs professional valeting shop. He spend a few hours prepping the paintwork before adding 3 coats of Liquid Glass. This has given me a good base to start with, and I've added two more coats "The weather here has been terrible since May" otherwise I'd have done a few more. There was a guy on the F6B Facebook who added some pictures of his bike, and the shine was just incredible. He said he uses a combination of LG and Black Wax, so I got some and used it this morning and for me it worked. I have the LG Pre-wash which it recommends to use before adding more coats, so I'll probably use it next time.

Doug, I have been using Angelwax snow foam on my new Audi S5 and it works a treat at taking the bugs off. This morning I used it on my bike, not to jet wash, just to add the snow foam. Waited 10mins, rinsed it off with a hose and all the bugs came off, same as my car. Hope it helps.
How difficult is it to apply Liquid Glass?

Steve 0080
08-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Wipe on, wipe off..... like Doug is taking about, prep is everything.... use some 3M Finesse it !! to get rid of the scratches ...then LG...wait a day or two between applications.... put LG on bike...push into sun...let sit an hour...push back to shade, let cool then wipe off wax !!! YMMV !!!

JackB
08-12-2015, 07:18 PM

Just like any other wax but with L.G. you bake your bike in the sun when you are done.
I also have a black F6B and my paint is quite nice I used liquid glass when I first got it and I could still see small scratches so I tried Wizard wax and it's been much much better bike looks great and doesn't scratch as easy. I haven't used Liquid Glass since I put the Wizard Wax on.
I still think some paint jobs from Honda are worse (better) than others.
http://wizardsproducts.com/shine-master-16-oz/

JackB
08-12-2015, 07:20 PM
Wipe on, wipe off..... like Doug is taking about, prep is everything.... use some 3M Finesse it !! to get rid of the scratches ...then LG...wait a day or two between applications.... put LG on bike...push into sun...let sit an hour...push back to shade, let cool then wipe off wax !!! YMMV !!!

I would wipe the wax off before I put in the sun. Was I doing it wrong?

Paul B Blues
08-13-2015, 03:22 AM

It's easy to apply, just follow the instructions on the can, and be sure you give the can a good shake before you use it.

Paul B Blues
08-13-2015, 03:30 AM
Just like any other wax but with L.G. you bake your bike in the sun when you are done.
I also have a black F6B and my paint is quite nice I used liquid glass when I first got it and I could still see small scratches so I tried Wizard wax and it's been much much better bike looks great and doesn't scratch as easy. I haven't used Liquid Glass since I put the Wizard Wax on.
I still think some paint jobs from Honda are worse (better) than others.
http://wizardsproducts.com/shine-master-16-oz/

As everyone has said, heat is an important part of the LG procedure. But in Scotland this year we have skipped Summer and gone straight from Spring into early Fall/Autumn, we don't have any heat to speak off. So unless we get a heatwave soon there's no chance of any more LG going on my bike this year. So I'm sticking to the LG, Black Wax combo. Maybe if there are others out there who use a combo like JackB could post their combo on here.

flat6bagger
08-13-2015, 05:58 AM
Paul,
what is "Angelwax snow foam"?
I don't see anywhere that we in the states can get this product.

Doug

Paul B Blues
08-13-2015, 07:04 AM
Paul,
what is "Angelwax snow foam"?
I don't see anywhere that we in the states can get this product.

Doug

Hi Doug, this is it. But I'm positive you have an alternative over there. I only used the jet wash to apply it, not before and after, still worked a treat though.

http://www.angelwax.co.uk/?wpsc-product=fast-foam

flat6bagger
08-13-2015, 07:12 AM
Paul,
I don't know what we have here that compares.
I figured it was a "cross the pond product.":icon_biggrin:
Oh well I am going to try a few suggestions from others that replied.
Be well,

Doug

Paul B Blues
08-13-2015, 07:22 AM
Paul,
I don't know what we have here that compares.
I figured it was a "cross the pond product.":icon_biggrin:
Oh well I am going to try a few suggestions from others that replied.
Be well,

Doug

Here you go Doug, this is what you want, and it's from a good company.

All the very best from the Highlands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWlxDn-YCx0

flat6bagger
08-13-2015, 11:38 AM
Not impressed at all.
First, the car was immaculate to start with.
Second, after all that foam he still used more soap and wiped it down.
I could have made that much thick foam with DAWN dish liquid.

Doug