PDA

View Full Version : Rivco Aero Flip-out highway Pegs have been discontinued

mobtown
08-14-2015, 12:00 PM
Heads up.

Just got a call from the folks at Wingstuff. They have some of the chrome version still in stock, but claim they can no longer order/ship the black version.

I called Rick's and he was able to fulfill my order with current stock, but I dont imagine they will last long.

willtill
08-14-2015, 01:30 PM
Noooo.... :shock:

...man, I WANTED those.

:tissue:

willtill
08-14-2015, 01:33 PM
Heads up.

Just got a call from the folks at Wingstuff. They have some of the chrome version still in stock, but claim they can no longer order/ship the black version.

I called Rick's and he was able to fulfill my order with current stock, but I dont imagine they will last long.

Who is Rick's?

ths61
08-14-2015, 01:37 PM
Why have they been discontinued (the oil issue) ?

98valk
08-14-2015, 02:24 PM
Interesting .....

I've been on the fence on getting a set. Maybe just the black ones are discontinued?

Here is a link for some nicely priced chrome and silver pegs ($355 & $260):

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/SearchResults.asp?searchWText=&sortBy=&page=&Extensive_Search=&Config_SearchResultsRows=&RefineBy_Manufacturer=&search=Rivco+Aero+Flip-Out&Search.x=13&Search.y=12&mfg=

Phantom
08-14-2015, 03:14 PM
:shrug:

It is a patented design. Rivco has been the latest licensed producer.

It appears that the production agreement between Rivco and the Patent holder/designer is about to expire.

Hopefully they will re-new their agreement, but don't hold your breath.

The Patent holder has re-nigged on 2 other manufacturers in the past 10 years and is a very difficult person to work with.

While there are still a few sets available .... BUY YOUR set NOW !!!!! that's my recommendation

.... just my 2 cents worth.

mobtown
08-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Who is Rick's?

Sorry, I meant Value Accessories (http://store.valueaccessories.net/)

ths61
08-14-2015, 03:23 PM
:shrug:

It is a patented design. Rivco has been the latest licensed producer.

It appears that the production agreement between Rivco and the Patent holder/designer is about to expire.

Hopefully they will re-new their agreement, but don't hold your breath.

The Patent holder has re-nigged on 2 other manufacturers in the past 10 years and is a very difficult person to work with.

While there are still a few sets available .... BUY YOUR set NOW !!!!! that's my recommendation

.... just my 2 cents worth.

That is interesting. When I spoke with Rivco a couple of months ago about getting the de-badged blanks, they indicated it was THEIR patented design.

No Handle Sam
08-14-2015, 05:10 PM
That is interesting. When I spoke with Rivco a couple of months ago about getting the de-badged blanks, they indicated it was THEIR patented design.

They were originally designed for the Rune by one of the members on one of the boards. Then he made a mod so they would work on the Wing. After that… ???? AC would know better then I do.

RickW
08-14-2015, 09:20 PM
We have not heard anything about those being discontinued.

Also the link that shows those advertised at a lower then MSRP price is not allowed by Rivco.
They will not be selling them for long.

Steve 0080
08-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Coming to a end at 100MPH...believe what you want .......:165fs373950::crap:bling-bling:ebay:'mailman':attention1:'dark-side'"ccsmiley"'quitwhinin"

Phantom
08-14-2015, 11:03 PM

Rivco (at the recommendation and feedback from a few of us that installed the "ORIGINAL" Aero Pegs on our Runes) re-designed them to be longer. The original design flip out peg was only 3-3.5 inches long (TOO SHORT) . The latest design is another 1-1.5 inches longer.

They were originally designed for the Rune by one of the members on one of the boards. Then he made a mod so they would work on the Wing. After that… ???? AC would know better then I do.

After Kevin (the inventor) had a falling out with two manufacturers, he stopped producing the Aero pegs for both the Goldwing and Rune back in 2007-2008 . The first two production runs were small and the aluminum was SOFT which in some cases caused the chrome to crack and peel off. Kevin approached Rivco in 2012 after seeing that Rivco had beautifully produced one of my inventions with aircraft quality aluminum for the Honda Rune and allowed the Aero Pegs to return. There are more details but no need to elaborate any further.

Coming to a end at 100MPH...believe what you want .......:165fs373950::crap:bling-bling:ebay:'mailman':attention1:'dark-side'"ccsmiley"'quitwhinin"

Steve ... you are probably correct in your assumption. however, miracles do happen. The owner of the patented design comes from the "lucky sperm club" (born into wealth) and doesn't need the money, he has pulled this stunt before with other manufacturers.

okf6b
08-15-2015, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Those were down a bit on my wish list but they were just moved to the top. Placed an order for them.

Thanks!

Steve 0080
08-15-2015, 02:12 PM
"Steve ... you are probably correct in your assumption. however, miracles do happen. The owner of the patented design comes from the "lucky sperm club" (born into wealth) and doesn't need the money, he has pulled this stunt before with other manufacturers."

Yes, I had breakfast with him once...the word strange comes to mind...especially what he did to his Rune !

53driver
08-15-2015, 09:22 PM
"Steve ... you are probably correct in your assumption. however, miracles do happen. The owner of the patented design comes from the "lucky sperm club" (born into wealth) and doesn't need the money, he has pulled this stunt before with other manufacturers."

Yes, I had breakfast with him once...the word strange comes to mind...especially what he did to his Rune !

Okay, I'll bite...What did he do to his Rune?

seadog
08-15-2015, 10:07 PM
What the rest of the story? Inquiring minds want to know what he did to his Rune?:popcorn:

RickJ
08-15-2015, 10:13 PM
Okay, I'll bite...What did he do to his Rune?

Sounds like he "runed" it

stroguy
08-15-2015, 10:36 PM
Sounds like he "runed" it

Yes, beers to you.

F6B1911
08-15-2015, 11:14 PM
..especially what he did to his Rune !

This is like a Paul Harvey story with a longer than normal pause.
Sort of like waiting for the ketchup.....

RickJ
08-16-2015, 08:09 AM
This is like a Paul Harvey story with a longer than normal pause.
Sort of like waiting for the ketchup.....

and now you know.............................................. ..............................
.................................................. .................................................. ...
.................................................. .................................................. ....
.................................................. ............................nothing