PDA

View Full Version : Anybody running these drop down floorboards?

willtill
08-14-2015, 04:25 PM
I am thinking of getting these (in black):

http://store.valueaccessories.net/PremiumMiniBoardsF6BGL1800.aspx

Anyone running them? Any issues with them; having more propensity to scrape?

Any issues with shifting due to the 3/4" drop? I'm not too concerned about the rear brake pedal; I can adjust (drop) that if necessary...

Greg O
08-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Yes, I have them in black, I like them a lot, they have multiple adjustments for the perfect fit. I would like to get them as passenger boards also.

willtill
08-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Yes, I have them in black, I like them a lot, they have multiple adjustments for the perfect fit. I would like to get them as passenger boards also.

Thanks Greg. :icon_wink:

ths61
08-14-2015, 05:20 PM
First thing I added to my bike after arriving home from purchasing the bike.

Like them better than the pegs as well as the 3/4" drop.

willtill
08-14-2015, 05:54 PM
First thing I added to my bike after arriving home from purchasing the bike.

Like them better than the pegs as well as the 3/4" drop.

Thanks ths61. :icon_wink:

YODA
08-15-2015, 03:23 PM
I have these in black as well. Just off a 4000 mile ride. Very comfortable. Had some minor scraping going up Pikes Peak (10 MPH decreasing radius turns .... to the right .... uphill).

VPAccessories.com makes a set of acrylic scuff plates which stick quite nicely to the underside of the running boards. Click on their GL1800 accessories and scroll down 'till you find them. About $6.00.

Donncat
08-15-2015, 05:26 PM
Dumb question here, any chance I can still use a toe shifter? Not too keen on a heal/toe. Just never liked them

Batt13
08-15-2015, 07:56 PM

Any issues with shifting due to the 3/4" drop? I'm not too concerned about the rear brake pedal; I can adjust (drop) that if necessary...

Like them!!! :yes::yes::yes:

stroguy
08-15-2015, 08:03 PM
They do not work for passenger. The geometry does not allow the board to fold correctly. I love the driver boards.

stroguy
08-15-2015, 08:05 PM
Dumb question here, any chance I can still use a toe shifter? Not too keen on a heal/toe. Just never liked them

They are for toe shifter and work very well.

Texas TC
08-16-2015, 09:56 AM
I have used them for a couple of years. However, several of us on the forum have replaced the mini boards with Kury Kinetic pegs retaining the dropped arms from the mini setup. The pegs give me slightly more leg extension room over the boards and makes sfifting much easier especially when wearing boots. Unfortunately, Kury will not sell the dropped mounts except packaged with the mini boards at this time. The Kinetic pegs with dropped mounts is a great setup.

Willl
08-16-2015, 10:32 AM
I have used them for a couple of years. However, several of us on the forum have replaced the mini boards with Kury Kinetic pegs retaining the dropped arms from the mini setup. The pegs give me slightly more leg extension room over the boards and makes sfifting much easier especially when wearing boots. Unfortunately, Kury will not sell the dropped mounts except packaged with the mini boards at this time. The Kinetic pegs with dropped mounts is a great setup.

Pictures Please

Texas TC
08-16-2015, 10:53 AM
Pictures Please

Here ya go:

BIGLRY
08-16-2015, 02:24 PM
Pictures PleaseHere is my setup with the comfort drop mounts and Kinetic pegs, I love them, I can now rotate my foot to shift and my size 15 boot fits much better than with the mini boards. The Kinetic are longer than the OEM pegs by an inch too.

Blackedout2014
08-16-2015, 04:22 PM

It is one of the best things you will put on your bike !!!!

ths61
08-16-2015, 04:49 PM
It is one of the best things you will put on your bike !!!!

One of the best things I put on my bike was a brunette backrest =) !!!

BIGLRY
08-16-2015, 04:54 PM
One of the best things I put on my bike was a brunette backrest =) !!!I've been looking for a blond one with large air bags for long distance support!:icon_biggrin:

F6bisnext
08-16-2015, 05:04 PM
Anybody know if you can buy just the mounts without the boards?

stroguy
08-16-2015, 06:58 PM
Anybody know if you can buy just the mounts without the boards?

It's in here.

F6bisnext
08-16-2015, 07:38 PM
Have to look for a used set to try to get the setup cheaper.

stroguy
08-16-2015, 08:48 PM
Yes it is odd they will not sell only the drops.

Elroy
08-17-2015, 08:27 AM
They do not work for passenger. The geometry does not allow the board to fold correctly. I love the driver boards.

They do work, I have them as my passenger pegs. They do fold up, enough to "click", but they are at an odd angle but it doesn't cause a problem for me.

TnHeath
08-17-2015, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=willtill;91544]I am thinking of getting these (in black):

Anyone running them?

Yes I have had them for 2k. No issues....

stroguy
08-17-2015, 12:58 PM
They do work, I have them as my passenger pegs. They do fold up, enough to "click", but they are at an odd angle but it doesn't cause a problem for me.

A pic would help people decide. Yes they will fold and click but they look unhealthy.

Bagger
09-09-2015, 09:06 AM
I bought a set to hook up to my new Valkyrie, but sold it pretty fast.

Haven't attached them to the F6. I scrape my boot and oem peg now, and figured with the 3/4" drop I would scrape more. ??

I'll prolly hook up a 70 aspect tire when the oems wear out. That gives me more clearance with my Wing and should work well with the 6.

SPGrenier
09-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Here's a picture of the Kury Kinetic mini boards on the front and rear.

Kurt makes a "Comfort Drop Mount" which is available on their Premium Mini Floorboards (Item #7564 in black). I like the style of the Kinetic Minis vs the Premium but the Comfort Drop Mount was only available for the Premium style.

I wanted the Comfort Drop Mounts because they lower the mini floorboards a little more to help get your boot under the shifter. It's not quite enough but it helped.

They didn't sell the Comfort Drop Mounts as a separate part either. So, I had to buy the Premium Mini Floorboards with the comfort drop mounts, pirate the drop mounts to use with my Kinetic minis and then resold the unused Premium minis. What a pain!

I talked to the Kury reps at Americade in Lake George NY this past June and suggested that they make the Comfort Mount Drops available as a stand alone part. I'm not sure if they took the suggestion.

stroguy
09-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Nice looking. But you can see the geometry of the rears will not allow them to fold flat. Can you snap a pic of them folded up for folks to see the end result?

SPGrenier
09-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Nice looking. But you can see the geometry of the rears will not allow them to fold flat. Can you snap a pic of them folded up for folks to see the end result?

Unfortunately, the bike is in the shop. May not have it back for another week or so. My girlfriend and I were rear ended at a stop sign on July 12th. Still haven't got the bike put back together. I'll try to remember to take a snapshot showing the rear mini boards folded up. I generally just ride with them down.

Wing'n it
09-18-2015, 07:50 PM
Are these the drops sold separate?? http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/4788/splined-adapters the model 8807 says F6B and they look like they have a drop to them??

BIGLRY
09-18-2015, 08:17 PM
Are these the drops sold separate?? http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/4788/splined-adapters the model 8807 says F6B and they look like they have a drop to them??
Nope, that is not them. I have been on the phone with Kuryakyn and was told they don't sell just the drop down mounts without the mini-boards.
Here is a little better pic of the drop down mount.
http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/gallery/image37097.jpg

Wing'n it
09-19-2015, 07:27 AM
The link I posted only goes to the page not the specific drops, this is them.....number 8807 for Goldwing/F6B

Wing'n it
09-19-2015, 07:30 AM
Or these from Show Chrome?.............

willtill
09-19-2015, 08:02 AM
The link I posted only goes to the page not the specific drops, this is them.....number 8807 for Goldwing/F6B

That "looks" like them.. but there is no area for the return spring to be installed in those brackets; in which the mounting pin goes through.

These are mine. Compare with the chrome ones that you posted; as well as the installed spring:

http://i57.tinypic.com/14ke461.jpg