PDA

View Full Version : You figure out your age!

seadog
08-15-2015, 09:52 PM
I know I am getting up there in years (66) as today I pushed my limits to the max! Put about 400 miles on the F6B between 10:30AM and 6:45 PM, I was pushing it all day to cover the distance just to see if I could. Well I did and am paying for it tonight but what a day it was! This motorcycle can cover some ground without to much effort. The tourist were out in force today but the 6 makes short work of getting around those site seers driving 40 miles per hour holding up traffic and not caring about anyone else but themselves. It definitely is a time machine, squeezing time and distance down to a tolerable amount.:yes:

Fla_rider
08-15-2015, 09:54 PM
What we get no pics?

seadog
08-15-2015, 09:56 PM
At the distance I was covering today they would have all been blurred! 89 degrees today and high humidity, bout wore the matte silver right off my ride!

wjduke
08-16-2015, 06:58 AM
Good for you seadog. I'm 59 next week and I plan on riding until I can't...once I get a damn bike again!

valkmc
08-16-2015, 09:52 AM
Good for you seadog. I'm 59 next week and I plan on riding until I can't...once I get a damn bike again!

57 here and bc of my job have criss crossed the country many times including a trip from Ocala to Alaska. I am about to turn the page. I have a truck and just started looking at toy haulers. My wife and I will start picking out places to visit where we can set up camp and explore. I have had great times on long distance rides but I know I have passed by many things that are must see! Hopefully setting up and doing days rides will allow or should I say force me to slow down and smell the roses and enjoys the beer!

opas ride
08-16-2015, 12:17 PM
I know I am getting up there in years (66) as today I pushed my limits to the max! Put about 400 miles on the F6B between 10:30AM and 6:45 PM, I was pushing it all day to cover the distance just to see if I could. Well I did and am paying for it tonight but what a day it was! This motorcycle can cover some ground without to much effort. The tourist were out in force today but the 6 makes short work of getting around those site seers driving 40 miles per hour holding up traffic and not caring about anyone else but themselves. It definitely is a time machine, squeezing time and distance down to a tolerable amount.:yes:
Seadog...I did something similar last fall when I rode about 400+ miles down to Coldwater and into Indiana and back...I am 76 in January and my limits are shrinking fairly fast...I can still do about 250 miles without issue, not in hot weather, and do enjoy riding so far as I can stop and rest when I need...Hope to ride a few more years at least!!!

seadog
08-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Seadog...I did something similar last fall when I rode about 400+ miles down to Coldwater and into Indiana and back...I am 76 in January and my limits are shrinking fairly fast...I can still do about 250 miles without issue, not in hot weather, and do enjoy riding so far as I can stop and rest when I need...Hope to ride a few more years at least!!!

Yes Sir: I don't go anywhere without taking breaks anymore. I can stay on the bike for so long and then stop and shake all the kinks out of my hips. I am going to give Day-Long seats a try and am sending a stock seat I bought from Rick at Value accessories that he had got off one of his customers bikes and see if they can help these old bones go a bit farther. I did add one of those Air Hawk R air seats to mine and it did help and lets me go about 100 miles farther than I could without it. But I definitely pushed the limits of my tolerance to pain on this last ride. The last 50 miles were not fun.

nvmyf6
08-17-2015, 01:33 AM
Yes Sir: I don't go anywhere without taking breaks anymore. I can stay on the bike for so long and then stop and shake all the kinks out of my hips. I am going to give Day-Long seats a try and am sending a stock seat I bought from Rick at Value accessories that he had got off one of his customers bikes and see if they can help these old bones go a bit farther. I did add one of those Air Hawk R air seats to mine and it did help and lets me go about 100 miles farther than I could without it. But I definitely pushed the limits of my tolerance to pain on this last ride. The last 50 miles were not fun.

I ride in hot weather all the time. Its been hitting 118 degrees here in Blythe. I ride to and from work of course, which is no distance at all, but when I do ride those many mile days, in the heat or cold weather I take a break about every 100 miles, I top off the tank, drink some water and stretch out a little. I can ride more miles in a day, doing that way. Been doing it that way for years.

Jimmytee
08-17-2015, 04:44 AM

I was born in Coldwater,MI

seadog
08-17-2015, 07:11 AM
I was born in Coldwater,MI
I know the town very well Jimmy as I used to layover there for one of my trucking jobs. I was there at least once a week every week for a couple of years. Nice town and good people.

Old Ryder
08-17-2015, 07:48 AM
I see a trailer in my future. I used to ride everywhere and 1400 mile weekends were very commonplace. I am starting to think maybe it would be better to trailer the bike and just ride there. Boasting about what I can do and have does is not what it used to be. Stories about toughing it out thru hail storms and my 400 mile trek on I-40 through a tropical depression by myself does not seem as important as just having fun.

Remember--- "When the fun ain't really fun, then it ain't fun anymore"---or something like that. :icon_lol:

Richie
08-17-2015, 10:32 AM
I'm 72 and 250 is a nice day for me as long as i stop every hour. Still using the original seat, maybe that should change. I try to ride a little each day with my wife and dog if the weather permits, even if only 50 miles for ice cream.

Richie

seadog
08-17-2015, 02:04 PM
I'm 72 and 250 is a nice day for me as long as i stop every hour. Still using the original seat, maybe that should change. I try to ride a little each day with my wife and dog if the weather permits, even if only 50 miles for ice cream.

Richie

Like I said before, Any day on two wheels is a day well spent whether it be a long day or a short one. Even when I have overdone it and am tired and beat up from sun and wind I would rather be there than in a cage going down the road. 4 wheels moves the body and 2 wheels move the soul!

Cool Hand Luke
08-17-2015, 05:07 PM
At 46 I may be one of the young ones here. I feel even younger while riding!

See y'all in Franklin!

FlyinF
08-17-2015, 06:18 PM
I'm 67 and in June did a 4000 mile ride to the Badlands from south Texas. It sure ain't like it used to be. I averaged about 325 miles a day and that is about all I can handle these days. My weakness is my knees/legs, if it wasn't for highway pegs I don't think I could do 100 mile rides. The good news is, being retired time is not a factor like it used to be in my working days when I had to be back at a specific date......and weather is not a factor, if its not to my liking I will just spend another night in the motel and wait for blue skies. Amazing how quickly things change, just 5 years ago I did a ride to Alaska and most days were 500-700 miles. Oh well, considering I've been on 2 wheels since the early '60's its all good!

moe113097
08-18-2015, 08:43 PM
I better ride while I can :) I'm a month shy of 50 and planning to go from fort lauderdale to Atlanta Saturday have dinner with my son, spend the night and come back sunday. just wish it was cooler out but great bikes for long trips

Moe

shooter
08-19-2015, 03:58 AM
I see a trailer in my future. I used to ride everywhere and 1400 mile weekends were very commonplace. I am starting to think maybe it would be better to trailer the bike and just ride there. Boasting about what I can do and have does is not what it used to be. Stories about toughing it out thru hail storms and my 400 mile trek on I-40 through a tropical depression by myself does not seem as important as just having fun.

Remember--- "When the fun ain't really fun, then it ain't fun anymore"---or something like that. :icon_lol:

Ryder , if you decide you need a trailer , PM me. I can definitely help you out. I trailer mine all the time. My Son lives in Cincy , 420 miles. I can't ride there , ride 300 miles next day AMD then ride home next day. Well I can but I don't want to.

Old Ryder
08-19-2015, 06:25 AM
Thanks Shooter! I have a lot of things up in the air at the moment and my future has a lot of options. I may be moving south to enjoy the Florida riding weather and condo living or I may be staying where I am in my "paid for" house where I have room to store a trailer. I am holding off because I may not have room to store it should I move south. Decisions, decisions.......... :shrug: