PDA

View Full Version : J and M speaker re-vamp

Jrockr
08-18-2015, 03:38 PM
Has anyone heard what they overhauled on the new J and M speakers? I heard that they were completly redone.

ths61
08-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Do a search for "FSPU-GL06" to find the previous discussions.

taxfree4
08-18-2015, 04:04 PM
Made a video not to long ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lFgd214DSPU

Fla_rider
08-19-2015, 08:12 AM
tax- whats attached to the left side of your BS?

seadog
08-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Made a video not to long ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lFgd214DSPU

You can't even get close to 30 on the volume control on my stock speakers, there is no way to sit on my bike if you turned it up that high, it would be hurting your ears so bad you would be back peddling to get away from it. What are you using to provide such poor sound? What are you using for a music source?

Jimmytee
08-19-2015, 11:30 AM
You can't even get close to 30 on the volume control on my stock speakers it would be hurting your ears so bad you would be back peddling to get away from it. What are you using to provide such poor sound?

All the stock speakers I've heard, if you get close to 30 , they are full of distortion and sound harsh. I too would be quick to turn them down.:icon_cool:

seadog
08-19-2015, 12:04 PM
All the stock speakers I've heard, if you get close to 30 , they are full of distortion and sound harsh. I too would be quick to turn them down.:icon_cool:
I am wondering if its the source of the imput into this system, I was told I spent too much money buying a Sony MP3 player to hook up to the system but I am starting to think that the thumb drives aren't providing any power imput to the system and maybe that is why no one likes the stock speaker! My speaker are excellent, I have no reason to feel like they need to be changed. Like I said they are crisp, and clear thru the volume and I have had them up higher but it wasn't distorted and as clear as it is down at my standard volume of 14 on the road. The Sony has to be putting some power into the music signal sent to the amp where the thumb drive has nothing but signal. JMHO

Jimmytee
08-19-2015, 01:27 PM
I am wondering if its the source of the imput into this system, I was told I spent too much money buying a Sony MP3 player to hook up to the system but I am starting to think that the thumb drives aren't providing any power imput to the system and maybe that is why no one likes the stock speaker! My speaker are excellent, I have no reason to feel like they need to be changed. Like I said they are crisp, and clear thru the volume and I have had them up higher but it wasn't distorted and as clear as it is down at my standard volume of 14 on the road. The Sony has to be putting some power into the music signal sent to the amp where the thumb drive has nothing but signal. JMHO

It's not the source causing the issue. As far as thumb drives, it's digital. There can be differences in the content put on those drives, but that is not the drive but the where and how it was encoded at what rate etc... plus the quality of the original recording.

It may be that my ear is a bit more discerning than yours.:icon_cool: I could have lived with the OEM speakers and such, but chose not to. Are you going to make it to Franklin for the Rally? I hope so. We can then see if you're still happy with your speakers:icon_biggrin:

seadog
08-19-2015, 01:48 PM
It's not the source causing the issue. As far as thumb drives, it's digital. There can be differences in the content put on those drives, but that is not the drive but the where and how it was encoded at what rate etc... plus the quality of the original recording.

It may be that my ear is a bit more discerning than yours.:icon_cool: I could have lived with the OEM speakers and such, but chose not to. Are you going to make it to Franklin for the Rally? I hope so. We can then see if you're still happy with your speakers:icon_biggrin:

You might be right Jimmy after all I did listen to a diesel running for 36 year and my ears have quite a few miles on them but I have already put about 2500 miles on since adding the Sony MP3 and can find nothing wrong with the tunes I am hearing. I think the Sony after I put that in made the FM music I had been listening too sound like crap. There was a huge difference in sound quality from the Sony. So I didn't feel too bad about spending the money on it after hearing what came from the speakers when it was playing.

ths61
09-29-2015, 08:01 PM
J&M's website has pushed their estimated FSPU-GL06 delivery date out to next year (2016), WTH ? They missed the entire summer, then pushed out to Oct. 1st and now next year.

"... Pre-Order Only. Est Ship Date: 01/01/2016 ..."

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=FSPU-GL06

Time to cut up some Polk Audio's.

Baytown
09-30-2015, 12:24 AM
Yep, as Jimmy T said, rubbish in, rubbish out.
128 kbit MP3's are a very poor recording, and is usually what people record their music as its the Microsoft Windows default setting on the computers, unless you record from the CD or high definition source at suitable rates. CD's are 384 and Apple iTunes downloads are 256kbits.
Other recordings can vary below any of these levels due to the quality of the source.
Obviously, the bigger the file, the less music in the storage device.
Its a trade off.
I'd go for quality recordings in a bigger memory stick. They are cheap now days.
Ken

ths61
09-30-2015, 12:45 AM
Yep, as Jimmy T said, rubbish in, rubbish out.
128 kbit MP3's are a very poor recording, and is usually what people record their music as its the Microsoft Windows default setting on the computers, unless you record from the CD or high definition source at suitable rates. CD's are 384 and Apple iTunes downloads are 256kbits.
Other recordings can vary below any of these levels due to the quality of the source.
Obviously, the bigger the file, the less music in the storage device.
Its a trade off.
I'd go for quality recordings in a bigger memory stick. They are cheap now days.
Ken

Too bad the B's radio (or iProducts) doesn't understand FLAC.

I transcoded full bitrate, lossless FLAC into Apple Lossless, imported it into iTunes and downloaded it to the iTouch used on my bike.

InvictusF6B
09-30-2015, 12:58 AM
Hi all, New member here. I think the speakers sound great but, I'm curious was there a factory upgrade performed on the 2015 Panasonic models? I ask because the factory ones on my bike sound great all the way up to 30. I of course immediately turn them back down as they are very loud at 30 yet clear all the same. I read in the manual that using the music players volume full up will introduce distortion into the system. Anyway thanks for the vid:039:

Jimmytee
09-30-2015, 05:00 AM
Hi all, New member here. I think the speakers sound great but, I'm curious was there a factory upgrade performed on the 2015 Panasonic models? I ask because the factory ones on my bike sound great all the way up to 30. I of course immediately turn them back down as they are very loud at 30 yet clear all the same. I read in the manual that using the music players volume full up will introduce distortion into the system. Anyway thanks for the vid:039:

No, the same audio equipment. Some people are just easier to please. :shhh:

Me? I don't have any of the stock audio on my bike anymore. All after market.:icon_wink:

stevenolts
09-30-2015, 05:32 AM
Are the new J&M Speakers that were on back order for 6 months now shipping yet?
Steve

Old Ryder
09-30-2015, 06:59 AM
I was talking to them at Daytona this past March, and they seem to cater to the Harley crowd. Knowing that there are a ton of Wings on the road I asked why they don't have some plug and play stuff for the GL and B, and he blamed it on space availability. I don't buy it, but when it comes to Honda, we are not on the top of their list, for sure.

ths61
09-30-2015, 12:03 PM
Are the new J&M Speakers that were on back order for 6 months now shipping yet?
Steve

See post #10 in this thread. They have been pushed out to 1/1/2016.

ths61
11-12-2015, 01:08 PM
See post #10 in this thread. They have been pushed out to 1/1/2016.

The J&M FSPU-GL06's are now pushed out to 2/15/2016. Methinks they be vapor-ware.

BIGLRY
11-12-2015, 04:12 PM
The J&M FSPU-GL06's are now pushed out to 2/15/2016. Methinks they be vapor-ware.
http://gwmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Olaeris-Vaporware.jpg

BruceN
03-10-2016, 04:25 AM
Installed the new J&Ms last weekend, defiantly better than stock. Oh using a Focal amp to drive them with an 8" Rockford sub in the left bag. Looking at installing the Polk tweeters next..batman-smilie.