PDA

View Full Version : OEM Radio replacement

tiny0452
08-19-2015, 12:30 AM
I am looking at upgrading my OEM radio and still utilize the factory controls. Any suggestions?

Jimmytee
08-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Well, I believe I answered your question already on Facebook. Was that you?:shrug:
There is no plug and play solution. Rockford Fosgate is supposed to be coming out with a new hide away marine unit in September that has steering wheel input capability. This could be made to work , but still not plug and play. There are some regular head units that could be hidden away with steering wheel inouts , but you would not have a display. My solution, as I didn't want to wait for the Rockford unit, was a Clarion CMS 2. I have the controller mounted right where I'd control with my left hand am fine with it. I could possibly buy one of their remotes that works with this model and then dissect it to wire in the factory switches on the handlebar. So far I'm happy with the way it is. Maybe a winter project. I'm very happy with the performance.

tiny0452
08-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Well, I believe I answered your question already on Facebook. Was that you?:shrug:
There is no plug and play solution. Rockford Fosgate is supposed to be coming out with a new hide away marine unit in September that has steering wheel input capability. This could be made to work , but still not plug and play. There are some regular head units that could be hidden away with steering wheel inouts , but you would not have a display. My solution, as I didn't want to wait for the Rockford unit, was a Clarion CMS 2. I have the controller mounted right where I'd control with my left hand am fine with it. I could possibly buy one of their remotes that works with this model and then dissect it to wire in the factory switches on the handlebar. So far I'm happy with the way it is. Maybe a winter project. I'm very happy with the performance.

Yes but I wanted to see if others on forum had any luck. Thank you