PDA

View Full Version : J and M has completly overhauled their speakers for the goldwing

Jrockr
08-19-2015, 07:11 AM
My question was" has anyone heard what they have done to them"? that is why their a shortage of them this year, but when I Talked to them they were very happy with the finished product. is thier any other rumors out their??

seadog
08-19-2015, 07:40 AM
I am still trying to figure out why anyone wants to change out the stock speakers. Mine are clear,crisp, produce excellent sound, I can listen to my music at 80 mph going down the freeway and running the stockers at 14 on the volume scale. Behind the bagger shield these stock speaker will blow me right off the bike if I turn them up to loud.

ths61
08-19-2015, 11:19 AM
I am still trying to figure out why anyone wants to change out the stock speakers. Mine are clear,crisp, produce excellent sound, I can listen to my music at 80 mph going down the freeway and running the stockers at 14 on the volume scale. Behind the bagger shield these stock speaker will blow me right off the bike if I turn them up to loud.

Ever do any group rides with loud pipes ?

opas ride
08-19-2015, 11:26 AM
I often wonder if some buy bikes to ride and enjoy the motorcycle experience or just to make noise with loud pipes and music??..Seems a little crazy to me, but then again I am getting older and don't give a "rats fanny" about both pipes and music on a bike....JMHO

seadog
08-19-2015, 11:56 AM
I often wonder if some buy bikes to ride and enjoy the motorcycle experience or just to make noise with loud pipes and music??..Seems a little crazy to me, but then again I am getting older and don't give a "rats fanny" about both pipes and music on a bike....JMHO

I ride by myself a lot cause there aren't to many with quiet pipes, seems like everyone has loud pipes and my last bike I put a set of louder pipes on and it was sold with the next season, I wasn't impressed and should never have put them on. I do like the music though for long rides it breaks up the trip and you can listen and still enjoy the ride. I have always been into music, it seems to soothe out the stress of the day. I ride without turning it on from time to time but still enjoy the tunes I have programed.

stevenolts
08-19-2015, 12:25 PM
If we are on back order for since March do we get the new revised speakers? Are they better? Has anyone received the new ones yet?
Steve

stevenolts
08-19-2015, 12:29 PM
I just called J&M and they say the release date is 9.1.15
He said they have been updated but did not have any details.
Steve

opas ride
08-19-2015, 03:13 PM
I ride by myself a lot cause there aren't to many with quiet pipes, seems like everyone has loud pipes and my last bike I put a set of louder pipes on and it was sold with the next season, I wasn't impressed and should never have put them on. I do like the music though for long rides it breaks up the trip and you can listen and still enjoy the ride. I have always been into music, it seems to soothe out the stress of the day. I ride without turning it on from time to time but still enjoy the tunes I have programed.
I suppose my outlook would be much different if I used the type of radio equipment your using..I don't have any I-pods or helmet buds or any of the recorded music that is available for riders and get tired of useless conversation on most radio stations...Kudos to those that enjoy riding with music, I just don't find the need....Regards, and ride safe...