PDA

View Full Version : Decal strip on 40 Aniv. Gold wing

Thunderbird03
08-20-2015, 06:08 AM
I have the red color and saw a two tone 40 Aniv. Gold wing with a wide decal strip separating the colors. I would like to use this stip on mine to give it more pop as far as the color. I contacted my dealer and he wants $850.00 for the decal. Does anyone know where to get one a lot cheaper or another type decal that would separate the paint colors.

Jerry

stroguy
08-20-2015, 08:35 AM
http://www.houstonwraps.com

http://www.chameleonwraps.com

Take em a pic of what you want.

Cool Hand Luke
08-20-2015, 06:53 PM
I have the red color and saw a two tone 40 Aniv. Gold wing with a wide decal strip separating the colors. I would like to use this stip on mine to give it more pop as far as the color. I contacted my dealer and he wants $850.00 for the decal. Does anyone know where to get one a lot cheaper or another type decal that would separate the paint colors.

Jerry

That price is atrocious :yikes: . And I thought HD stuff is made of unobtanium.

Steve 0080
08-20-2015, 09:53 PM

Jerry

May I have the part # for THE item you are looking for? Thanks.

JackB
08-21-2015, 06:09 AM
Why not just get a pinstriper to paint some kind stripe on it. There are some very talented painter's out there.

Old Ryder
08-21-2015, 06:36 AM
It was the one that was the black bike with the factory flame decals. the tank was $1580 from the stealer. When I looked into painting the tank and replacing the decals, I found it was 4 separate decals for a total cost of over $800. Flo at Progressive was kind enough to pay me for the tank less my $500 deductable and I repainted the whole bike.

Yes, Honda does prize their OEM decals. Legalized robbery IMHO. Where else you gonna get it?