PDA

View Full Version : Narrow Seat Mod

F6bisnext
08-24-2015, 05:35 AM
I have very short legs and find the width of this bike a little too much. Has anyone done a narrow seat mod? Can you tell me where you got it done, what kind of seat you did it to and how much it cost.

I Have a dual tour Corbin and want to know if anyone had this done on this seat also.

Mean City Cycles did an awesome job on my VTX seat and the VTX forum had a loaner you could get so there was not down time....AWESOME!!!! I checked their site and "narrower" options are only for the Harley Touring Models.

Steve 0080
08-24-2015, 07:31 AM
Narrowing the stock seat maybe tough, the seat will begin to pull away from the tank maybe exposing some of the plastic... Ultimate seat offers a seat that may help...see Our vendor board on the Home page....

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/honda-motorcycle-accessories/f6b-seats

vmaxed
08-24-2015, 08:30 AM
I have very short legs and find the width of this bike a little too much. Has anyone done a narrow seat mod? Can you tell me where you got it done, what kind of seat you did it to and how much it cost.

I Have a dual tour Corbin and want to know if anyone had this done on this seat also.

Mean City Cycles did an awesome job on my VTX seat and the VTX forum had a loaner you could get so there was not down time....AWESOME!!!! I checked their site and "narrower" options are only for the Harley Touring Models.

Corbin can do a (nose job) to it "ccsmiley"

Fla_rider
08-24-2015, 09:20 AM
At 5'7" with 29" inseam it is challenging for me as well. If my bottom stays on the seat I have to tippy-toe to reach on both sides, if I slide to one side then I can reach without any difficulty on that side. I can also stand, when I stand the force of my legs compress the side of the seat a little. I can stand without difficulties also.
I think getting use to the seat makes a difference. Me never having a saddle before compared to a racing bike the position sitting in the seat is completely different and doesn't afford reaching well, unless your 6' tall or related to Big Larry. Sitting tall or standing on the bike will help.

P.S. At 210lbs. with stock seat.

BBB
08-24-2015, 01:34 PM
I think it's pretty difficult to "narrow" the seat in F6, because the frame underneath the seat is
wide.
I'm 5"7' (29"inseam). I didn't feel comfortable with stock seating position.
So I lowered the bike using the lowering rear suspension link.
I liked it MUCH better than stock set up.
Then I shaved off the seat as much as I could (using sanding disc on drill)
To achieve what I was looking for as far as seating position is concerned.
It was much better than stock and the riding comfort (by lowering with suspension)
Didn't suffer at all.

Hope this helps.

F6bisnext
08-24-2015, 02:51 PM
I contacted Mean City Cycles....they do some great work. They can modify a stock seat....make it narrower and lower....but they can't do it to a Corbin. They can lower it 1 inch and narrow the sides some for $140. May be worth a try. Now to find a cheap, good condition stock seat. Then, if I keep it, I'll have to start researching the backrests.

Davidk
08-24-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm only 5'4'. I solved the problem with a corbin seat which lowered it 1/2 inch and riding boots with 2" heels. You can also lower the suspension

Dfinkelsteinmd
08-24-2015, 10:54 PM
I am also vertically challenged at 5'7" and a 30" inseam so I took my seat (and bike) to Mike Clancy at Clancy's Speed Shop in Cotati, Ca. He shaved some foam from the seat and cut oblong shaped slots in the anterio-lateral sides of the seat, approximately 1" wide and 3" long just back of the seat base edge. This allowed the front of the seat to collapse under my weight(175#) so that my legs reach the ground and I am flat footed on both sides wearing Sidi Adventure boots. You might find someone to do this for you too. The seat is way wider than the chassis at this point so nothing shows.

Incidentally, the OEM seat looks stock until you sit on it so no one knows that you've had plastic surgery except you and your seat doctor.