PDA

View Full Version : OXBUILT dolly

buckeyeken47
08-26-2015, 08:39 PM
I bought an OXBUILT dolly about a month ago and I thought I'd pass along my experience. I have a one car garage and was having trouble getting my bike and my car in at the same time. I was pushing the bike up into the far right corner. With the bike on the center stand I could just get my car past and into the garage. Using the dolly I actually have a little more room. The real benefit is in moving the bike around. It is way easier to push the bike to where it needs to go.
When I don't put the car in the garage I use the dolly to turn the bike around. I just ride in onto the dolly and swing it around. I still have to do a little maneuvering but not much. The bike goes from facing in to facing out with relatively little effort.
This is a very sturdy product but not cheap. It cost $300 plus $30 for shipping.
I highly recommend this product to those of you who are hurting for space or are having trouble moving your B in a small garage.

Fla_rider
08-26-2015, 09:00 PM
Thanks sounds good. Can you add a link or pic?

:postpics:

Steve 0080
08-26-2015, 09:08 PM
LMFAO !!!!!!

buckeyeken47
08-26-2015, 09:38 PM
Link:

http://www.oxbuilt.com/motorcycle-dollies.html

I pulled in the garage facing forward - then swung the bike around on the dolly and it wound up facing out. Pull in forward - then pull out forward - what a novel concept. The last picture shows the bike after turning around on the dolly.

Fla_rider
08-27-2015, 06:40 AM
I like it!:yes:

stroguy
08-27-2015, 07:15 AM
This comes to mind if it were me having to load my bike on that rig.......

https://youtu.be/dYd4ZqSKhEY

Cool Hand Luke
08-27-2015, 07:08 PM
This comes to mind if it were me having to load my bike on that rig.......

https://youtu.be/dYd4ZqSKhEY

Fun video, always liked King of Queens!

KenSk8Man
01-28-2016, 10:05 PM
Do u find it difficult to move with the front wheel planted on the ground? The front wheel obviously doesn't turn much. What's the width required to turn the bike around 360 degrees.

buckeyeken47
01-29-2016, 02:58 AM
It is not difficult to move at all. You just grab the bike at the back and pull it around. The biggest problem is pulling in and getting the rear tire on the dolly, you need to pull pretty much straight in. Try tough I might I have a tendency to pull in at a slight angle. I find it much easier to push the bike around on the dolly than to push the bike on two wheels. I've never tried to do a 360 with the bike on the dolly. I have a 15' wide garage and find pulling in and swinging the bike to do a 180 to be no problem.

M61A1MECH
01-29-2016, 05:55 AM
So seeing what car you have parked next to your bike reminds of something that happened to me.
It would appear that is a late model Toyota Solara Convertible, my wife drives one.
A while back I was putting some risers on my Goldwing and failed to use the center stand, instead put the side stand on a 2x piece of lumber. Towards the end of the project I swung the front wheel to far to the right and the bike went over center and fell on to the Solara.
Did $1700.00 damage to the car and $80.00 damage to the bike.

Not meant to hijack the thread, just a word of caution to say GLs can be pretty hard on cars given the chance.

buckeyeken47
01-29-2016, 11:36 AM
That sounds like a horror tale. Actually it really sounds like something I would do. You are correct my car is a 2008 Solora Convertible. Fortunately for me there is not enough room in the garage to do any work if the car is in the garage as well. The way the vehicles are in the picture is the only way to get them both in at the same time.

M61A1MECH
01-29-2016, 03:33 PM
It actually turned out pretty good, the insurance company said get fixed and we will sort out the details later.
When the body shop called the insurance company to get paid, they decided it should go on my comprehensive coverage and not collision, so no deductible to pay, all I ended up paying was $12.00 for the gas in the rental car.

The day after the car was painted it went back to Toyota dealer to have the dash replaced on warrantee, so now she has an almost new car.

If you have a cracked dash you may want to check with Toyota about the warrantee campaign they have going on to replace the bad dashes. All you need to do is let them inspect it and they check the VIN, order a dash and replace it.
Hers is a 2006, same white with tan convertible top.

GHOSTRACER
01-31-2016, 11:37 AM
Hmmmmmm. Wanted to take a closer look at this, so I clicked on the link. Says the domain name has expired?? They still in business?

buckeyeken47
01-31-2016, 12:26 PM
I have no idea if they are still in business or not. Here is a link to their face book page.

https://www.facebook.com/oxbuilt2013/

GHOSTRACER
01-31-2016, 07:56 PM
I have no idea if they are still in business or not. Here is a link to their face book page.

https://www.facebook.com/oxbuilt2013/
:biggthumpup:
TY. Sent them a message.