PDA

View Full Version : Rain-X Plastic Water Repellent

ths61
08-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Looking for something to bead and shed water.

Anyone familiar with "Rain-X Plastic" for motorcycle windshields? Does it work and is it safe?

Any other recommended alternatives for wind shields and helmet visors.

TIA

Update: MadStad's website recommends "RejeX Polymer Sealant"

Travelor
08-27-2015, 05:34 PM
Plexus is best I've found for shields and painted plastics. Goes on easy, set quickly and buffs beautifuly. It's a little expensive, but does a fantastic job.

willtill
08-27-2015, 06:34 PM
I like Plexus too :yes:

ths61
08-27-2015, 06:37 PM
I use Plexus on the bike and shield as a cleaner, but didn't think it acted like RainX to shed the rain water.

opas ride
08-27-2015, 06:40 PM
I would stay" way" away from RainX products in my opinion...The stuff I used a couple of times ruined the rubber seal by the fairing..Also it is hard on paint and just plain "junk" as far as I am concerned...Plexus is the best I have used and it keeps the windshield and other plastics in great shape...Honda spray polish/cleaner also works super.....Just my .02$ cents.

BIGLRY
08-27-2015, 08:21 PM
I would stay" way" away from RainX products in my opinion...The stuff I used a couple of times ruined the rubber seal by the fairing..Also it is hard on paint and just plain "junk" as far as I am concerned...Plexus is the best I have used and it keeps the windshield and other plastics in great shape...Honda spray polish/cleaner also works super.....Just my .02$ cents.:yes: +1:2cents:

jm21ddd15
08-27-2015, 09:08 PM
I have a Baggershield. Info came with my shield said not to use any type water repellant on their shield. Just water and micro-fiber cloths for washing and drying. I suppose each manufacturer has their own rules for cleaning. I stopped at a vendor booth in Sturgis, that was offering a product called Z-Clear. They claim it will fill micro scratches in cycle windshields, and restore their clairity, and will make water repell off them. I got a sample for my sunglasses, and seems to work on them. Haven't tried it on my bike shield, as it's not scratched. Their info is at Z-CLEAR.com. :shrug:

John

Steve 0080
08-27-2015, 09:12 PM
HD sells some that does not hurt the shield...