PDA

View Full Version : Don't drop your bike $$$$ Douche bag Followup

Wisenheimer
08-27-2015, 06:51 PM
Hit him a 10 mph..bike dropped on right side..over 2 grand in damage. They caught the kid who fled scene. Hopefully he has insurance.

Cool Hand Luke
08-27-2015, 07:22 PM
Hit him a 10 mph..bike dropped on right side..over 2 grand in damage. They caught the kid who fled scene. Hopefully he has insurance.

Wow, nice money for the shop. I hope the insurance is there. That's why one should always carry uninsured and underinsured coverage on their policy, just in case.

Hopefully bad carma will catch up with the kid who fled the scene.

Years ago a 21 year old kid side swiped me and also took off, but cops got him about 20 minutes later. He was arrested, spent the night in jail, and his car (pontiac firebird) was confiscated. He had no insurance. His dad had to pay for a lawyer and the judge ordered him to pay me for my damages or go to jail for hit and run. My bike was totalled but miracously I was OK. I had a helmet, bike jacket with armor, gloves, jeans and boots on. I walked away with just a skin scrape. I was going 60 mph when it happened. This event taught me to stay off highways as much as possible, so when I ride that's my priority. I still wear jackets with armor when riding, not to mention helmets.

unsub
08-28-2015, 07:29 AM

Or maybe he needs a life lesson and has to dip into his own pocket.