PDA

View Full Version : Feelin' like an IDGIT...

dumbpartsguy
08-28-2015, 09:33 AM
So I've been riding 89 miles each way to work daily on I-95. New job. loving it. :yes: So that's 178 miles a day getting batted around in the wind at 78-82 mph.

i put a thread on here asking for advice about the wind and how to combat it. You guys gave me lots of great advice btw. So this morning, I'm getting ready to head out and I noticed in my quest for nostalgia that my helmet still had an old-school 3-snap visor on it. DOH! :icon_doh:

I took it off to see how it would affect my ride this morning, and let me tell you, it was SO much better. I feel like a complete dummy. :yikes:

Feel free to laugh now. :lolup:

BTW: I custom made this because I am a huge COLTS fan!

Bill1584
08-28-2015, 10:09 AM
So I've been riding 89 miles each way to work daily on I-95. New job. loving it. :yes: So that's 178 miles a day getting batted around in the wind at 78-82 mph.

i put a thread on here asking for advice about the wind and how to combat it. You guys gave me lots of great advice btw. So this morning, I'm getting ready to head out and I noticed in my quest for nostalgia that my helmet still had an old-school 3-snap visor on it. DOH! :icon_doh:

I took it off to see how it would affect my ride this morning, and let me tell you, it was SO much better. I feel like a complete dummy. :yikes:

Feel free to laugh now. :lolup:

BTW: I custom made this because I am a huge COLTS fan!

Not so dumb, sounds like... Except maybe for the Colts thing :icon_cool:. I keep my face shield stowed for exactly the same reason.

Fla_rider
08-28-2015, 10:26 AM
I have a modular helmet. Usually its in the fully down position when I ride over 45. I have to remind myself when opening it to close the shield fully. If not it's like a sail, once it nearly pulled my head off. I have to open it to drink, hope you get the picture.:yikes:

SoCal Rich
08-28-2015, 12:57 PM
I used to like the Colts....until they snuck out of my hometown in the middle of the night!!

dickiedeals
08-28-2015, 01:17 PM
You'll will need that visor riding into the sun..................I didn't wear a Helmet for years. Started after I had a skin Cancer removed from my head. Now I wear one to shade my bald head plus I suppose it will help if My head happens to come in contact with the road..:th_sunbathe::...Dickie