PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions please.

xcrider
08-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Seriously considering a F6B before year's end. Wanna wait & see what the 2016's offer as to color and perhaps additional options (like maybe adding the adjustable w/s, etc to the Deluxe). In the meantime I have a couple of questions;

1. Seat - Is it a decent seat for all-day riding - especially if you add a backrest? I know that's subjective but some
have hurt my butt before I got both feet on the pegs.

2. Power Outlet - Is there a power outlet (aka cigarette lighter plug) on the dash to power a Garmin, etc?

3. Windshield - Is it difficult/complicated to swap w/s's? I usually run something I can see over around town & in
the summer & switch to something higher in cool weather or when making long trips.

4.Dealers - I see a lot of folks in the South shop/buy at Southern Powersports in Chattanooga. Do these folks seem to have
competent techs to service & and install common accessories such as HID light's, running lamps, etc?
Opinions about Honda of Russellville as well if anybody has one.

Thanks for your replies and the ideas and opinions I have already obtained from reading many post here

XCRider

Steve 0080
08-30-2015, 04:04 PM
1. The seat is very nice....some have gotten an after market seat

2. You can add a power outlet to the left cubby for around $30.

3. Windshields, now that is up to your personal needs...plenty out there to choose from.

4. Your local dealer can make the same deal as any other dealer...

Willl
08-30-2015, 06:16 PM
+1

Steve has it covered :clap2:

valkmc
08-30-2015, 06:48 PM
Might be worth checking Southern Powersports they were 3k cheaper on my 12 Wing than the locals here in central Florida!!

xcrider
08-30-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: Changing the w/s. I know there are numerous options but how difficult is the process of swapping them out? 4 bolts takes off the w/s on my Victory - 3 mins if you're slow. How about on the F6B was what I am trying to determine.

stroguy
08-30-2015, 07:27 PM
Fold mirrors forward, pull back mirror gaskets, two bolts hold the front cover, remove front cover, then three bolts and the windscreen snaps out. 15-30 minute job. 2 out of 10 on the ScanfordStimpson scale.

bob109
08-30-2015, 07:29 PM
RE: Changing the w/s. I know there are numerous options but how difficult is the process of swapping them out? 4 bolts takes off the w/s on my Victory - 3 mins if you're slow. How about on the F6B was what I am trying to determine.

Any versions of the available F6B windshield are "not quick disconnect/mount":icon_wink:

xcrider
08-30-2015, 07:39 PM
Fold mirrors forward, pull back mirror gaskets, two bolts hold the front cover, remove front cover, then three bolts and the windscreen snaps out. 15-30 minute job. 2 out of 10 on the ScanfordStimpson scale.

Per-xactly the info I was looking for:yes:

Tks much - XCR

ff73148
08-30-2015, 07:53 PM
Seriously considering a F6B before year's end. Wanna wait & see what the 2016's offer as to color and perhaps additional options (like maybe adding the adjustable w/s, etc to the Deluxe). In the meantime I have a couple of questions;

1. Seat - Is it a decent seat for all-day riding - especially if you add a backrest? I know that's subjective but some
have hurt my butt before I got both feet on the pegs.

2. Power Outlet - Is there a power outlet (aka cigarette lighter plug) on the dash to power a Garmin, etc?

3. Windshield - Is it difficult/complicated to swap w/s's? I usually run something I can see over around town & in
the summer & switch to something higher in cool weather or when making long trips.

4.Dealers - I see a lot of folks in the South shop/buy at Southern Powersports in Chattanooga. Do these folks seem to have
competent techs to service & and install common accessories such as HID light's, running lamps, etc?
Opinions about Honda of Russellville as well if anybody has one.

Thanks for your replies and the ideas and opinions I have already obtained from reading many post here

XCRider

1. Depends on your butt. Most riders change the seat.

2. Outlet can be in the cubby box.

3. Not difficult to change the windshield. Two bolts takes the nose off. Three bolts to remove the windshield.

4. I don't live in your area but it seems that there are Honda dealers everywhere.

stroguy
08-30-2015, 07:54 PM
The mirrors fold about 30 degrees forward and down. Don't push any further. Plenty of YouTube vids for your help.

xcrider
09-02-2015, 07:59 PM
Finally got to sit on a F6B today. Seat looks & sits kinda funky the way it slants back. Do the 2 backrest most folks add come forward far enough to keep you sitting up straight? Just curious.
Also might add that the stock pipes on the '15 are BAD! They have the perfect tone & growl IMHO. If I owned a 'Wing I'd be trying to figure out how to get a pair of take-off's for it:icon_cool: