PDA

View Full Version : Checking in

kjelders
08-31-2015, 02:55 PM
It's time for the Franklin Rally and wish all a safe and fun ride. I have changed my style of riding all together.

2015 Spyder RT Limited.

Willl
08-31-2015, 03:13 PM
That is a nice looking Trike :icon_cool:

Have Fun, Be Safe "3wheelSmiley"

Deer Slayer
08-31-2015, 06:16 PM
It's time for the Franklin Rally and wish all a safe and fun ride. I have changed my style of riding all together.

2015 Spyder RT Limited.

Times change, I will be Franklin on my RS-S. :cheers:

Big Jay
08-31-2015, 09:02 PM
Nice ride there KJ. Like that color.

firetech
08-31-2015, 09:10 PM
That's one great looking Spyder there. Congrats on the new ride.
My father-in-law loves his. I always enjoy taking it for ride. Best wishes.

Steve 0080
08-31-2015, 11:12 PM
Make sure you come by and say HI !!!!!

willtill
09-01-2015, 05:31 AM
That Spyder looks like Bumble Bee from the Transformers. Definitely will get attention.

Enjoy that ride! :yes:

kjelders
09-01-2015, 08:06 AM
Thanks all. I didn't plan on going to a trike this early. However, my wife saw a commercial about the Can Am Spyder and told me she would ride more with me if we had something like that. Well, that is all it took for me to go check them out. I was apprehensive to give up the two wheels, thinking I would miss the carving the twisties. Man, was I wrong! It is a totally different way of riding, but just as much fun. I've been able to adapt to this style of riding and now take the same roads/twisties just as fast and in some cases faster than I did with the bike.

There is an immediate since of increased safety when you ride one. Don't get me wrong, you can still get hurt on one of these. However, cagers see you better than on a bike. I think the fact that a three wheeled vehicle gives that 3 dimensional look. I've noticed cagers are not as apt pull out in front of me. The wife loves riding with me on the Spyder. She has always been a great passenger, but I can sense and feel her being more relaxed on rides. We recently rode up and back to Sunrise which is at 8,000 ft at the base of Mt. Rainier. It has several 20 mph turns and lots of twisties. I noticed in one of the hair pin turns, she had her arms in the air like riding a roller coaster. She's never done that before! We bought the Spyder in late June. She has been riding more miles on Spydee in the few short months than the last two years on the bike. That's a win for me!

The technology that BRP has put in to these machines are awesome. The ride is smooth, comfortable, and fun.

Have no fear that one day you may need to let go of the two wheels. A new adventure awaits you when that time comes.

F6BPDX
09-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Good deal sir, glad to see that you and the misses are happy and riding. Did you trade in the CCT as well?

kjelders
09-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Good deal sir, glad to see that you and the misses are happy and riding. Did you trade in the CCT as well?

Yes I did. I sold it the day after bringing the Spyder home. I bought the CCT new in November of 2014 for $20,898 and sold it for $22,000. So I was pleased.