PDA

View Full Version : Yet another question please!

xcrider
08-31-2015, 05:19 PM
Did I read here somewhere that the saddlebags cannot be opened without the key?

willtill
08-31-2015, 05:35 PM
Did I read here somewhere that the saddlebags cannot be opened without the key?

That is correct. Unless you have a remote control opener. Then the key mechanism is disconnected.

Darren
08-31-2015, 05:35 PM
correct, some people have made keys that they leave on the bike that will allow he bags to open but don't start the bike.

Cool Hand Luke
08-31-2015, 06:00 PM
Actually, you can disconnect the cable from inside so that bags can be opened without the key, which also means they cannot be locked too. So, I disconnected my right bag (the one I use most often) so I don't need a key, but left the other one alone so I can leave it locked in case I leave something in there I don't want walking away. Very easy to do.

Willl
08-31-2015, 06:34 PM
Actually, you can disconnect the cable from inside so that bags can be opened without the key, which also means they cannot be locked too. So, I disconnected my right bag (the one I use most often) so I don't need a key, but left the other one alone so I can leave it locked in case I leave something in there I don't want walking away. Very easy to do.

Great idea, are the cables exposed when you remove the seat? Still waiting on Helm Inc. to print up some shop manuals, sorry

xcrider
08-31-2015, 06:59 PM
Thanks once again for the info. Doesn't seem to be the smartest way Honda could have made those work - JMHO

Amipro
08-31-2015, 08:58 PM
Great idea, are the cables exposed when you remove the seat? ...

No, you need to remove the rear deck to see the cables.
You will find two cables on each side. One from the key that engages the lever and one going from the lever mechanism to the saddlebag latch.