PDA

View Full Version : windshield ????

Leadfoot
09-01-2015, 06:36 AM
I just purchased a new leftover 2013 F6B standard and rode it home from Crofton MD to the Allentown Pa area and the ride and performance was incredible compared to my HD Ultra i really need to replace my windshield. Im 6'4" and im using stock seat. I dont take alot of long runs
Just wondering what people like about their screens. Looked online at most available and was hoping to make a decision soon. Just hate to buy something and not really like it
Thanks for all the help.... Converted HD rider

F6B1911
09-01-2015, 06:46 AM
There are quite a few discussions here on windshields, use the search field.

edgeman55
09-01-2015, 12:29 PM
Congrates on the new ride.I too am 6'4" with a short inseam so I have a long torso.I have the 19" Baggershield with vent for 20 months and it has held up well.I look just over the top with stock seat33553356 and with the Baker hand wings almost all buffeting is gone.Pics I have don't show the hand wings on but they really do help plus the vent is nice to get a little airflow in when needed.Lots of windscreens to choose from so search is your friend.

buckeyeken47
09-01-2015, 12:48 PM
I am 6'2.5" tall and have an F4 18" windshield. I am very happy with this product. I rode from Memphis to Colorado Springs and got hit by 2 bugs during the trip. I look over this shield rather than through it. I cleaned off hundreds of bugs with nothing more than a gas station squeegee.

Old Ryder
09-01-2015, 01:39 PM
There are quite a few THOUSAND discussions here on windshields, use the search field.

There. I corrected your comment. :icon_lol: It is very, very true!

It seems like everybody---and I do mean EVERYBODY goes through the same steps to try to get things to fit just right. I am on my 3rd seat, 2nd set of risers and 3 windshield.

1-Get the correct seat for you. Height is going to be different for everybody.

2-You will probably need some risers and pegs to get the hand and foot position comfortable for your size.

3-Finally you will need a windshield to fit your upper torso after your seat position has been established.

Or you can just order the Madstad as it is adjustable. Some---including me--- are not especially drawn to the looks, but it sure works and you can add or take away wind as you like. You will also want a set of hand wings to help with the wind management.

Phantom
09-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Yes, there are several windshield supporting vendors on our website.

Baggershield
Clearview
F4Custom
Madstadt
National Cycle

Join us at the 2015 F6B Rally and see ALL of your options mounted on other F6B's

xgringo
09-01-2015, 04:41 PM
I put a laminar lip on the bottom half of a bagger flip shield. I was commited to the bagger shield because I wanted the three pocket windshield pouch.
I'm six feet with a thirty four inch inseam and this works fine for me.
Also, the center pouch on the triple windshield pouch has a pouch for your gps. I cut a hole for the power and it takes some clips and stuff to get it angled right with a sun shade but it keeps the gps dry. Notice the empty handlebar gps holder. That is strictly for my sunny Sunday afternoon joy rides at home.

Random one
09-01-2015, 10:02 PM
I just purchased a new leftover 2013 F6B standard and rode it home from Crofton MD to the Allentown Pa area and the ride and performance was incredible compared to my HD Ultra i really need to replace my windshield. Im 6'4" and im using stock seat. I dont take alot of long runs
Just wondering what people like about their screens. Looked online at most available and was hoping to make a decision soon. Just hate to buy something and not really like it
Thanks for all the help.... Converted HD rider

I just picked mine up 8/20/2015 I changed the windshield after only 3 days. Just yesterday my wife and I installed the back rest. Actually I installed it and she brought sandwiches and refreshments. I have owned only one bike that would blow the doors off of the F6B, but it was hard to ride and was very finicky about RPM's and MPH. It was uncomfortable to ride for any long distance in spite of the high dollar custom seat.

Madmax
09-02-2015, 02:07 PM
I'm 6'3 and the tall factory sheild is fine for me , I got my first F6B from Blackmans in Emmaus , Pa your area .
The stock screen did nothing for me but looked cool , took a few pics and then replaced the sheild .
I just ran down to Fredrick , MD and picked up my new left over last month , maryland seems to be the land of F6B deals ... LOL

Wing'n it
09-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Picked up my new 15 F6B on Monday and ordered the tall shield while I was buying it, it just came in so now I can ride! I had a Clearview shield on order for my last bike (2014 Vaquero) and called Clearview and they was able to swap out my order for a shield to fit my new bike. I got the large/wide recurve with slight tint and a vent, should be a nice addition to the bike!

Rudy
09-02-2015, 06:06 PM
I really like the adjustability of the Madstad windshield. It certainly isn't the prettiest but it does grows on you after awhile.:icon_mrgreen: Bottom line though, it works!

Dfinkelsteinmd
09-29-2015, 03:04 PM
I am offering $100 for an OEM shield shipped to California. I have wrapped mine in vinyl after loving the opaque black shorty shield from C. Bailey but I now want to paint one in perfect condition. Anyone still have one in the garage? I will also pay $150 for an OEM seat that I can recover so that does not need to be perfect. Thanks,

D

RickJ
09-29-2015, 04:54 PM
I am a shortish guy (lately) 5'9" or so. I got the 13" WITH the vent...in fact I went up to 13 to be able to get the vent. I can sit tall and straight and look over or hunch down behind. I think that on their site they have a description of how to measure...glad I used it. The other manufacturers seem to go by your height- which may not work...inseam etc. I used a level and a broomstick I think...anyway it helped. They will also cut it down if you order too tall...if I remember correctly.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/cycle/motorcycle_windshields.html

Their cleaning cloths are fantastic too.

Battoo
09-29-2015, 05:05 PM
I instaled a 14 inch Kockwerks tinted flare it works great

salane972
09-29-2015, 07:45 PM
Leadfoot,

I am 6'5" and have a Clearview 16" dark tint shield and a Mustang seat, this setup works great for me. I also got my 2013 F6 at Crofton Powersports and I am in Chesapeake Beach, MD so if you would like to check out my setup before you pull the credit card trigger just let me know. We can meet somewhere in between (weather dependent). The seat/windshield combo makes a huge difference...in my opinion.

Brewdog
09-30-2015, 05:24 AM
I bought the clear 19" model from baggersheild. Works great, no issues and this shield is THICK, nothing flimsy about it.

opas ride
09-30-2015, 08:59 AM
I bought the clear 19" model from baggersheild. Works great, no issues and this shield is THICK, nothing flimsy about it.

Great choice and you will like this windshield..Have had mine on bike for 2 years now with no issues....Ride safe