PDA

View Full Version : F6B..1 Raccoon 0 RIP

lloydmoore1
09-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Well last week I nearly hit a deer so my luck has been good. Today I hit a raccoon at 50 mph. I tried to swerve but realized impact was immanent so I straightened out, off the gas and wam...lights out raccoon.
The beast took it like a champ,no damage just a lot of fur on my centerstand and a sore ankle from Ricky Raccoon impact. This raccoon was one of the biggest I've seen and I'm counting my blessings to be able to laugh at it now.
It was like going over a speed bump at 50mph. I will say if I was driving my Nomad when this happened I don't believe it would have been the same outcome.
Ride safe and now you know you can withstand a raccoon impact. 😜👍🏻🐻

stroguy
09-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Poor Ricky. He won't make that mistake again. RIP.

shooter
09-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Someone else talked about running over an animal on here the other day. I might put a Cow-Catcher on the front of mine.

seadog
09-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Someone else talked about running over an animal on here the other day. I might put a Cow-Catcher on the front of mine.

Shooter at least make it a steer catcher so you can have some nice steaks.:yes:

lloydmoore1
09-01-2015, 09:20 PM
You guys are funny. The cow catcher thing might work and ya could sell it on E bay when you catch one.

shooter
09-01-2015, 09:28 PM
They will be calling me the Meat Man. I like it.:clap2:

vstar09
09-01-2015, 09:40 PM
I hit a small dog size deer a year a go.......missed my buddy on his wing.....came back for me.....hit and get on going....

Doug44
09-03-2015, 07:01 PM
I hit a coon a few years back with my 2001 BMW-LT. I was coming home from Terre Haute, IN from a World Of Outlaw sprint car race, running about a 100 mph on a 2 lane state highway and Budwiser was running the throttle that night (don't let Mr Bud do that anymore) and this huge coon comes running out of a corn field right at my bike. Bamb he runs into my left foot on the foot peg, breaks my gear shift lever, about breaks my foot and for sure was dead at the scene :lolup:

valkmc
09-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Got a strange one for sure. I was running from Gainesville to Ocala one night on my 98 Valk on I-75 going across Paynes Parire, which is a swamp. A car in front of me slammed on the brakes and swerved into the right lane. In my lane was a Gator. Best guess 7-8 feet long. I was going around 65mph and since he was crossing from left to right I went left. Missed his tail by a foot or two. Scared the crap out of me. The Valk was a tank but if I hit him and went down I would hope he would have been dead!

F6bisnext
09-04-2015, 06:12 AM
I ran over the tail of a gator in my cage one night coming around a corner he was meandering from pond to pond looking for a girlfriend. Not enough road to get out of the way. I'm from Jersey and still not use to the wildlife down here. Two nights ago there was on owl in the middle of the road, just sitting there, that would NOT move. Had to wait a few minutes before he finally took off. He didn't give a HOOT!