PDA

View Full Version : F6B with Harley tour pack, anybody seen one?

Wing'n it
09-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Went to my dealer today to pick up my windshield and the parts guy told me people are now adding Harley tour packs to their F6B's. Anybody seen one? Why in the world would you buy a bagger and make it a full dresser, why not just buy a dresser? He told me there is a kit available on the net for the conversion, curious what it would look like??

opas ride
09-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Couple people on the board have posted pictures of the HD tour pak on the F6B...I personally do not like it or the Givi trunk...If I wanted all the extra weight, etc. I would have a bought a Goldwing or another Victory Vision....I am not going to put anything HD offers on my bike period!!

Airborne06
09-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Yes, I have seen an F6B Deluxe (black) with a chopped Harley tour pack. It looked great! The beauty is that the owner made it easily detachable for the streamlined look, yet, for longer trips it is easy to install.

Jimmytee
09-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Went to my dealer today to pick up my windshield and the parts guy told me people are now adding Harley tour packs to their F6B's. Anybody seen one? Why in the world would you buy a bagger and make it a full dresser, why not just buy a dresser? He told me there is a kit available on the net for the conversion, curious what it would look like??

Why, I suppose a lot of reasons. Cost could be one factor. A fully dressed Gold Wing new cost considerably more than what a lot of us paid for our discounted F6Bs .I bought my F6B because it had more room for the rider and I liked the style. The fact I got a really good deal, only enhanced my other reasons. I have toyed with the idea of mounting some type of trunk for longer trips. As far as having "Harley parts" on our F6Bs, well it doesn't have to be an actual HD tour pack. There are many after market sources. I think the general sentiment of those that have done it is that the square lines of the Harley Styled tour packs fit better with the squared off corners of the rear end on the F6Bs. I have seen them and think they look really nice. I don't think that most plan on the Tour Pack or trunk, to be a permanent fixture on their bikes , but as a feature to be mounted during longer trips and removed otherwise. To each their own. I personally don't care for the looks of the Givi trunks.

shooter
09-02-2015, 04:31 PM
I agree with Jimmy. Besides Harley didn't make that tourpak. It was probably made in Japan. Fits good with our bike. If it looks good, use it. If I had a quick detach system that looked good I could use one.

JGF6B
09-02-2015, 04:54 PM
I'd be very interested if it had a quick detach system.

Wing'n it
09-02-2015, 09:41 PM
I'm undecided till I see one and exactly how it's done......

Cool Hand Luke
09-02-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm undecided till I see one and exactly how it's done......

Search this forum, there are plenty of pictures. Here are some to get you started:

All of the above are from the members of our forum. Maybe some will chime in with more info.

Personally, I like the razor tour pack ones.

SoCal Rich
09-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Sure! Like, if that's what yer looking for, you could buy a full Gold Wing! Crazy, eh?

dickiedeals
09-03-2015, 09:34 PM
3367 Franklin NC last year and Franklin N C. Rally as I type this..........:icon_mrgreen:........Dickie