PDA

View Full Version : New prospective flat six bagger

Heracleitus
09-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Howdy, folks! I've been a long time lurker here. Heck, I joined over a year and a half ago after lurking a while and this is still my first post.

I'm 41. I have been riding all of my life: legally licensed since 14 (mopeds) then motorcycles at 16, but started with mini-bikes around age 5. I've owned and ridden them all: BMW K1200LT, Harleys (2...OK, 1½ since my first was a '78/AMF model), Hondas (Shadow and Valkyrie), Kawis (many dirt bikes, ZX-12, and a Vulcan 2000), Suzuki (all RM dirt bikes), Yamaha V-Max, and I'm currently on a Victory Cross Country (simply the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden). I'm a daily rider/commuter and I have been for 25+ years.

I absolutely freaking LOVE the F6B. I have one problem with it and why I have not (yet) purchased one: I'm 6'1" with a short torso and freakishly long (36" inseam) legs. Actually, when I wear boots (I'm Texan, so, every day) my pants have to be 38" inseam to not pull up over them. How do you long legged guys get comfortable on the "Speedwing"? I am thinking MickO'Pegs are the way to go. When I had my Valk Tour (loved that bike, wife hated it), I had the Kury pegs that were on either side of the valve covers. I felt like a woman in stirrups at the gyno when cruising on the slab. That was my only dislike on that bike.

I am open to suggestions as I am tired of an air-cooled bike in the Texas heat especially since we'll be moving to San Antonio soon and I'll be commuting in that stagnant traffic. Thanks again, and "Hi!"

Greg O
09-02-2015, 08:12 PM
I'm 5'11 the bike fits me great now. I did have to get some highway pegs and mini floorboards to be able to stretch out and get my big foot under the shifter. But this bike is a wonderful machine. You may need to get a different seat so you sit back a little further.

copper
09-02-2015, 08:33 PM
I'm 5'11 the bike fits me great now. I did have to get some highway pegs and mini floorboards to be able to stretch out and get my big foot under the shifter. But this bike is a wonderful machine. You may need to get a different seat so you sit back a little further.

What kind of seats are there that move your seat backwards?

gmorstad
09-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Howdy, folks! I've been a long time lurker here. Heck, I joined over a year and a half ago after lurking a while and this is still my first post.

I'm 41. I have been riding all of my life: legally licensed since 14 (mopeds) then motorcycles at 16, but started with mini-bikes around age 5. I've owned and ridden them all: BMW K1200LT, Harleys (2...OK, 1½ since my first was a '78/AMF model), Hondas (Shadow and Valkyrie), Kawis (many dirt bikes, ZX-12, and a Vulcan 2000), Suzuki (all RM dirt bikes), Yamaha V-Max, and I'm currently on a Victory Cross Country (simply the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden). I'm a daily rider/commuter and I have been for 25+ years.

I absolutely freaking LOVE the F6B. I have one problem with it and why I have not (yet) purchased one: I'm 6'1" with a short torso and freakishly long (36" inseam) legs. Actually, when I wear boots (I'm Texan, so, every day) my pants have to be 38" inseam to not pull up over them. How do you long legged guys get comfortable on the "Speedwing"? I am thinking MickO'Pegs are the way to go. When I had my Valk Tour (loved that bike, wife hated it), I had the Kury pegs that were on either side of the valve covers. I felt like a woman in stirrups at the gyno when cruising on the slab. That was my only dislike on that bike.

I am open to suggestions as I am tired of an air-cooled bike in the Texas heat especially since we'll be moving to San Antonio soon and I'll be commuting in that stagnant traffic. Thanks again, and "Hi!"

I had to sell my ST1300 because of a bad knee and general discomfort. I bought the F6B and again had trouble staying comfortable especially with my knee. I was afraid I was going to have to sell it and stop riding. I did some checking and found the Kuryakyn forward pegs. I installed the Kuryakyn II forward pegs and they saved me. I can put my feet on them and my knees will have a little bend or put my feet over them and completely stretch my legs out. Because of these pegs I now have several different riding positions and can ride all day long. Could never ride without them.

SoCal Rich
09-02-2015, 09:51 PM
What kind of seats are there that move your seat backwards?

Ultimate King seat, to name one.

copper
09-03-2015, 12:51 AM

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

Greg_N
09-03-2015, 02:24 AM
You can check your comfort and ergonomics of the motorbike using web page http://cycle-ergo.com/
You can choose any motorbike and input your own dimensions. You will know angles of your knees and hips. If they are more or less 90 degrees - you will feel comfortable.

Navvet
09-03-2015, 07:06 AM
Checkout the Roadsmith Comfort Controls .... (do a search for Roadsmith on the forum).

The extra couple of inches and the extra adjust-ability of the shifter and brake are great.

I Also added Ergo II's to help.

1951vbs
09-03-2015, 08:21 AM

Mustang to name two!

Big Jay
09-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Russell day long, custom to what to what you want.

VP8
09-03-2015, 02:15 PM
I agree with Rich...Ultimate King seat will be good for you. I wouldn't recommend the Mustang seat for long seamed riders because it does lower you down one inch...which is not something you need. You may also want to consider a custom seat...such as a Day-Long Russell seat...they can add springs and make your seat taller and back more. But with a taller seat, you may need to get helibars.

tozco
09-07-2015, 01:06 PM
There is no getting around the fact that the cylinder heads occupy the same space your feet really want to be. That is why I sold the six after 360 days and 9000 miles of terribly uncomfortable ownership. I got a Moto Guzzi California 1400 and much prefer it. I'm an ex Victory owner and they are the most spacious bikes made.

unsub
09-07-2015, 08:19 PM
There is no getting around the fact that the cylinder heads occupy the same space your feet really want to be. That is why I sold the six after 360 days and 9000 miles of terribly uncomfortable ownership. I got a Moto Guzzi California 1400 and much prefer it. I'm an ex Victory owner and they are the most spacious bikes made.

That's a sweet ride. It was on my top 4 choices before I bought the the B. What I didn't like was the heat thrown off the two cylinder heads...styling is outstanding though.