PDA

View Full Version : OEM seat mod. works great!

NCF6B
09-03-2015, 06:42 AM
Had my OEM seat modified by Mean City Cycles. They did the "Memory foam mod.", lowered the seat and increased the back height. Had this done so that I could keep using my aftermarket backrest. It has really increased my ability to "flat foot" at stops. Still retains long term comfort. I am one of those "vertically challenged" riders with a 30" inseam. Also wanted to share because many of us have been looking for that "right" fit. For me this mod has really worked! Thanks Mean City!

F6B1911
09-03-2015, 07:25 AM
Had my OEM seat modified by Mean City Cycles. They did the "Memory foam mod.", lowered the seat and increased the back height. Had this done so that I could keep using my aftermarket backrest. It has really increased my ability to "flat foot" at stops. Still retains long term comfort. I am one of those "vertically challenged" riders with a 30" inseam. Also wanted to share because many of us have been looking for that "right" fit. For me this mod has really worked! Thanks Mean City!

This qualifies for a ".....without PICs."
Love to see a few PICs.

NCF6B
09-05-2015, 03:53 PM
The seat looks just like any OEM just lower! The purpose of the post was to let others know of a very good vendor who can modify a seat for $125.00 for those who need to modify and don't want to spend $500.00+ on an aftermarket seat, not to showcase mine. I have gained a great deal from what others have shared and like to do the same.

Dirtstiff's F6B
09-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Good info, thanks

I can visualize your seat mod.
Glad it works for you.
J

F6bisnext
09-06-2015, 07:21 AM
I bought an OEM seat and had it mailed directly there. I am having it shaved thinner and lowered. Can't wait. I too am inseam challenged at 29 inseam. Hope this will solve he problem. Will really hate to have to give up my Corbin Dual Tour though......

hgslayr
09-06-2015, 12:01 PM
Sure would like to see a pic to know if I want to take the time to send my seat to NC...Curious how they shaved the back support so it doesnt look chopped?

opas ride
09-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Although I currently have the Mustang seat and it works fine, I would prefer it to be thinner in the front section as I still get some hip discomfort from the wide seat at front....My stock seat is in the garage and I can easily mail it to Allen at Mean city, but would also like to see any photos and or opinions on how well the modified seat works....Regards and ride safe...

F6bisnext
09-08-2015, 05:03 AM
I'll be glad to give you a report. Riding on a Corbin Dual Tour which Corbin can only modify the "nose" not the width which is why I bought an OEM. My is at MCC to make it narrower and lower. I'll give you a report once I get it back.

SPGrenier
09-11-2015, 04:40 AM
I had a Mustang seat on my former VTX done by them. They do good work.

I have a stock F6B seat for sale off of my 2013 standard, if anyone wants to give the mod a try. Within a month of the bike's purchase, I sprung for an Ultimate King seat set up. I will sell it for $200 and include the shipping to the lower 48 in that price. Send a PM if interested.

Fla_rider
09-11-2015, 12:37 PM
:postpics:

NCF6B
09-13-2015, 07:21 PM
I'm traveling right now and will post pics later in the week when I get back to Nc. I checked with Mean City Cycles about modifying a mustang F6b seat. They said they have done it but couldn't add the backrest. That's why I stayed with my OEM.