PDA

View Full Version : In honor of one of my best friends!

Big Dawg
09-07-2015, 06:34 AM
Over the last three years I have had the honor of being invloved with the F6B rally. Because of this I have been able to build some of the best friendships of my life. I have enjoyed working with Steve Powell in the early days helping him plan the routes for these events. Steven and I have since done many other rides together since them. Jerry Stewart is another lasting friendship that was formed at the first rally and continues to this day. And then there was this other guy that I met. He is one of the most outgoing and exciting guys that I know. He is also one of the best motorcycle riders that I know. He and I have had many other rides together too.

Last friday, most of the rally riders rode Deals Gap and this photo captured Ken Barns (Hornblower) in his element. The fine folks at 129 Slayer thought so much of this picture that they posted it on their Facebook page and gave it the honor of "Photo of the Week"

Awesome is all I can say. Ken Barns..... You ROCK!!!

http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16275&d=1441624606

I really enjoyed meeting some new friends this year too. Steve, Munch, Jeff, Dan, and Dickie, I look forward to many more rides together!

Cheers!

stroguy
09-07-2015, 06:50 AM
Way to show em how to ride SPARKY!

F6Pilot
09-07-2015, 08:14 AM
I will concur that Ken is truly a class act and an absolute riot to ride with. Thanks for letting me tag along and learn...

Hornblower
09-07-2015, 10:44 AM
Thanks, guys :clap2: I truly enjoyed all the camaraderie during the rally. Wow! What a surprise, being picked for photo-of-the-week by 129 Slayer! Not really sure I deserved that but obviously, riding the Dragon reasonably fast on a big, beautiful bike and throwing a lot of sparks got me noticed. I was lovin' it. Also, Jimmy, thanks for all the riding tips on past rides that have helped me go from semi-slow to at least a "spirited" level. I owe you a lot. I particularly am pumped at joining the photo-of-the-week club along with you and your son, Skip. I guess for a 70 year-old grandpa, I'm doing OK. Now, where did I put that bottle of Geritol :yikes:

Retired Army
09-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Now for the burning question, what color was the first F6B to arrive at the rally? :stirthepot:

Cool Hand Luke
09-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Over the last three years I have had the honor of being invloved with the F6B rally. Because of this I have been able to build some of the best friendships of my life. I have enjoyed working with Steve Powell in the early days helping him plan the routes for these events. Steven and I have since done many other rides together since them. Jerry Stewart is another lasting friendship that was formed at the first rally and continues to this day. And then there was this other guy that I met. He is one of the most outgoing and exciting guys that I know. He is also one of the best motorcycle riders that I know. He and I have had many other rides together too.

Last friday, most of the rally riders rode Deals Gap and this photo captured Ken Barns (Hornblower) in his element. The fine folks at 129 Slayer thought so much of this picture that they posted it on their Facebook page and gave it the honor of "Photo of the Week"

I really enjoyed meeting some new friends this year too. Steve, Munch, Jeff, Dan, and Dickie, I look forward to many more rides together!

Cheers!

That is a great photo of Hornblower! I only wish to be riding behind him again at some point!

I also want to thank Big Dawg and his son Skip for showing us some amazing roads yesterday! Most of them were new to me and I have already marked them for future reference. I am also looking forward to riding some more with you both, especially since I will be visiting Western NC pretty regularly from now on. That is truly my most favorite part of the country for riding.

By the way, my gps said it was 77 miles because it took me down 74 to Blue Ridge Parkway and then 215 again, so I've got to enjoy these roads once more this trip!

Also, a big hello to both Steve #1 and Steve #2 (you now who you are) and Munch! Nice riding with all of you!

Already looking forward to next year's rally.

willtill
09-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Love the sparks. :icon_wink: Anything left of the peg? :icon_mrgreen:

http://i58.tinypic.com/b5k3yc.jpg

Jimmytee
09-08-2015, 04:23 AM
It was great meeting you and everyone else.:yes:

Hornblower
09-08-2015, 08:05 AM
Love the sparks. :icon_wink: Anything left of the peg? :icon_mrgreen:

http://i58.tinypic.com/b5k3yc.jpg

Well, there wouldn't be anything left of the pegs if it weren't for the PepsX titanium pucks that are protecting them. If you want to put on a light show of your own, check them out here:

http://www.pepsx.com/products.html

I'm almost ready for my second set :shock:

Wyked
09-08-2015, 08:39 PM

Cheers!

Hopefully one of these I will be able to ride like you guys through the Dragon. My hat is off to you and many other members that I witnessed just riding the hell out of their bikes! I'm not worthy but thanks for letting me ride along.notworthy..notworthy..notworthy.

Steve 0080
09-08-2015, 11:50 PM
Yea !!!!!! Ken !!!!!!!