PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a Ultimate King seat close to me I could try!

Wing'n it
09-07-2015, 08:15 PM
I'm trying to solve a sore butt issue with my new F6 and would like to try a Ultimate "King seat" to see if it is the answer. They seem to be the only company that actually make a seat for a taller person, everybody seems to go the other way and lower you. I feel like I need to go back and up higher to get my legs opened up. I'm near Dayton Ohio and would really like to set on one of these seats.

vstar09
09-07-2015, 08:19 PM
Sorry got a Mustang on mine to lower me......Had a Ultimate on my Vstar....Best seat I ever had....very comfy

willtill
09-07-2015, 08:46 PM
I just ordered an Alaskan Leathers Sheepskin. Check them out.

Wing'n it
09-07-2015, 08:50 PM
I just ordered an Alaskan Leathers Sheepskin. Check them out.

I have tried all that stuff and can not get results. Gel pads, Air pads, beads, and sheep skins and none of it works for me. I think it boils down to the actual seat design being for "average" height riders. The absolute only bike I have ever been on that fits a tall person right off the floor is a Victory! But i'm not going down that v-twin cruiser road again....

willtill
09-07-2015, 08:58 PM
I have tried all that stuff and can not get results. Gel pads, Air pads, beads, and sheep skins and none of it works for me. I think it boils down to the actual seat design being for "average" height riders. The absolute only bike I have ever been on that fits a tall person right off the floor is a Victory! But i'm not going down that v-twin cruiser road again....

You can try "Mean City Cycles" and send your seat to them. They install memory foam and stuff like that; much more cheaper than buying a new seat; especially if you're gambling on it fitting you.

They custom design your seat; based upon your physique and bike information.

Check them out.

Rudy
09-07-2015, 11:44 PM
Wing,
I am going through the same issue. The stock seat darn near killed me so I purchased a Mustang seat. The seat is nice and looks good but I have long legs at 6'2" and I felt like my knees were to high and I was sitting on my tail bone. Numb butt after an hour ride. I just purchased the Ultimate King seat. (I had an Ultimate on my Valkyrie and it was great) It certainly sits you up higher with less bend in your legs. Well made, quality workmanship, and it feels compfortable. I did a 150 mile ride over the weekend and no discomfort like the previous two seats. This one seems just as comfortable as my last one I had on my Valkyrie, I think it's going to work for me. Also keep in mind they have a return policy if you do not like it, check it out.

Bruce B
09-08-2015, 02:18 AM
Two seats noted for all day comfort and both lift you up a bit are Rick Mayer and Russell Day Long. Check out their sites and then call to have a conversation with them. They are favorites with the Iron Butt guys. I have the Rick Mayer and am totally happy with it. I can spend all day in the saddle and never even give the seat a thought. That's the best compliment anyone could give a seat.

www.rickmayercycle.com

www.day-long.com

Wing'n it
09-08-2015, 06:51 AM
Wing,
I am going through the same issue. The stock seat darn near killed me so I purchased a Mustang seat. The seat is nice and looks good but I have long legs at 6'2" and I felt like my knees were to high and I was sitting on my tail bone. Numb butt after an hour ride. I just purchased the Ultimate King seat. (I had an Ultimate on my Valkyrie and it was great) It certainly sits you up higher with less bend in your legs. Well made, quality workmanship, and it feels compfortable. I did a 150 mile ride over the weekend and no discomfort like the previous two seats. This one seems just as comfortable as my last one I had on my Valkyrie, I think it's going to work for me. Also keep in mind they have a return policy if you do not like it, check it out.

Thanks Rudy this is exactly the info I was looking for. I just sold the Corbin I had made for my Vaquero so I think I'm going to just order one this morning.

Two seats noted for all day comfort and both lift you up a bit are Rick Mayer and Russell Day Long. Check out their sites and then call to have a conversation with them. They are favorites with the Iron Butt guys. I have the Rick Mayer and am totally happy with it. I can spend all day in the saddle and never even give the seat a thought. That's the best compliment anyone could give a seat.

www.rickmayercycle.com

www.day-long.com

Those are great options if you don't mind waiting till next year for a seat. I'm not sure about Rick but Day-long was 6-8 months behind when I tried to get a custom seat for my Vaquero back in June. I'm sure they are nice and since they are "custom" built you know they will fit you but the wait is a real downer for me. If the Ultimate don't work for me I may ship mine to Russell this winter.

Retired Army
09-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Thanks Rudy this is exactly the info I was looking for. I just sold the Corbin I had made for my Vaquero so I think I'm going to just order one this morning.

Those are great options if you don't mind waiting till next year for a seat. I'm not sure about Rick but Day-long was 6-8 months behind when I tried to get a custom seat for my Vaquero back in June. I'm sure they are nice and since they are "custom" built you know they will fit you but the wait is a real downer for me. If the Ultimate don't work for me I may ship mine to Russell this winter.
I went the Russell route and purchased a dual saddle. I purchased a oem seat from one of the members on the forum and mailed it to Russell, allowing me to continue to ride while the seat was being produced. Big Lary has a Russell that is custom made extra high. The Russell seat is defiantly worth the wait.

1951vbs
09-08-2015, 09:50 AM

There is a reason Russell is 6 months behind. And as to their claim "Day-Long Saddle": On the way back from Sturgis I did 1100 miles the first day and 1000 the second. The stock seat was good for about 100 before I started to squirm.

shooter
09-08-2015, 11:32 AM
I have a Corbin on my M109R and its great. I thought I wanted one for my B but I sat on one that belongs to a member. The Corbin moves you forward and down. I don't need that. It felt like I went forward a couple inched. Let's just say it was a lot. I think I'm going to get an Ultimate King.

Wing'n it
09-08-2015, 12:43 PM
There is a reason Russell is 6 months behind. And as to their claim "Day-Long Saddle": On the way back from Sturgis I did 1100 miles the first day and 1000 the second. The stock seat was good for about 100 before I started to squirm.

That is a nice looking seat, can I have it?? :icon_lol: I ordered an Ultimate "King seat" this morning and we'll see how it goes with that. If the Ultimate is not the answer then i'll have the stock to send to Russell this winter. The people at Ultimate told me that the most popular seats right now are the F6B's and the Victory's.

SoCal Rich
09-09-2015, 06:52 PM
You chose well. It is fantastic.